B&W DM6, any good compared to speakers today?

I have an opportunity to pick up a vintage pair of B&W DM6's in great shape. How do they compare to todays speakers? I will be driving them with a Fisher 500C. I currently am using Kirksaeter 60's and some vintage AR 91's in my systems.
joeatlas
Not sure how old the DM6's are but today, B&W manufactures many of their speakers with Kevlar drivers for the ultimate in stiffness and longevity plus tapered tube tweeter technology. The result? Superiour soundstaging, music reproduction, detail, and a term I use more than the industry does, ALIVE !! When I compare my B&W's to some older speakers I have, they are not subdued but come out at you in a big way yet still warm and not brash. The DM600-S3 series is their workhorse line and affordable to most of us in the middle class. But there are so many other loudspeaker manufacturers that produce beautiful products such as Vandersteen Audio, PSB, KEF, Tannoy, etc. Hope this helps.
Thank You Pdn,
These speakers were first introduced in the late seventies, evidently it was the first speaker to have a Kevlar midrange. They have a dedicated following and are supposed to sound very musical. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard the "pregnant penguins"?
They probably don't measure as well but I bet they beat modern B&W's handsdown in terms of musicality.
I've owned a pair of DM6 since I bought them new at 19. I will not give them up. Oh, I have had many other speakers since and own several now in various systems. It is true that there is a dedicated following and as such its for good reason. Yes, you can buy better. I am shopping for a pair of 802D's. And, yes I have reviewed many other manufacturers. But considering the price differential theres no match in sound. Sure, some will say that the DM6 in the low end can be "slow". But when paired with solid power these puppies can rock or whisper if you will. Add, that you do not have to be a rocket scientist to set them up in any room (only the very crtical listener would object). Nothing reproduces the female voice better. Especially a bluesy voice.