AUDIO PRICE INSANITY PRICE VS. PERFORMANCE WORTH IT?

What do you y’all think? I have 30k into my system and I recently attended AXPONA 2018. I compared what I heard to what I have. I felt my system compared to the 80 to 100k systems quite well. Matching is important. Also your reference point. Any thoughts yall?  
calvinj
I think people spend a lot on their systems because they want to, not because they have to. Good sound doesn’t have to cost a lot. Nor is price even a guarantee of better sound quality.
True price is not a guarantee. I had some toy Sonus Faber and a kst150 amplifier and for under 4K I had a pleasing sound. 
My Lyngdorf 2170 powered dac and room correction piece is miles ahead of gear made 20-40 years ago.  It’s fine to like vintage gear and I get that, but to say there have been no advances is certainly not accurate. Room correction as developed by Lyngdorf is a game changer and just one example of sound improvement not possible years ago.  
I’m out after I add my rel 212se subwoofer to my current system next week I’m out. I’m out of the chase. I found out that it can be more of the chase and less of the music. I’m only in it for  the music now. Life is short. R.I.P TO MY BEST AUDIO FRIEND EVER CHARLES THREAT. Without him I wouldn’t have my system. But I learned to live listening to and not chasing gear. Today could be our last!