Hearing loss. How much do you care about your ability to hear?

Partly inspired by stories such as Huey Lewis tour cancellation due to hearing loss and my own admission I had to get tested and now wear hearing aids.
Much discussion is made about equipment, room acoustics, wiring and noise. But how about your ability to hear well? Do you ever think about it? How much have you done for your own hearing health?
Also, how much do YOU think this affects your ability to evaluate quality sound?
128x1282psyop
I wear hearing protection at work, and at home during yard work, home repairs, etc. I think it's important. I care, a lot.
I've had hearing loss in some form ever since my AF days. Wear hearing aids as necessary in situations with a lot of ambient noise. This hearing loss does not however keep me from telling the difference between a fair, good and awesome sounding system. At least to my ears. Fwiw
I rather lose my speech then my hearing.  I sure don't need to talk when  listening to good music.  Kidding aside, hearing is very important to me.  I spend few hours each day just listen to music.  Without it I would go insane.

Lately I've noticed the center image is no longer center.  It has shifted to the right.  I have to use the balance control to compensate for this.  Does this mean my left hearing is deteriorating and I should see an audiologist?