Home Theater Processor

All I am looking at replacing my Lexicon MC14/Bryston SP3 unit. Looking for any good suggestions. I have been looking at the Anthem AVM60 and the McIntosh MX160. I want to upgrade to a Dolby Atmos processor. Thanks

sr71_17974
I'm using the Oppo 205 through the Marantz 8802A. I don't know why, but 4K looks terrible compared to Blu ray. I may not have the settings right.

The preamp/amp is the central hub. AVM60 is a great preamp. Use 2x5325 amps ore 325 or 225 amps to your budget and configuration.

HDMI ARC from pre to TV, Oppo to HDMI pre input, all the other components onto the Pre and away you go.

Anthem is not a bit mover in Australia where Asian brands predominate to a price point. I took the Anthem over the Yamaha MX/CX combo for the flexibility and 13.2 channels.

That's my HT system. My stereo is another ballgame....

I recently purchased the Anthem AVM60. replaced a Rotel unit. Going for ATMOS Happy with Anthem and the ARC room correction thus far. Still in construction for the ATMOS capability.  
in between the different type of processors, AV processor is one of the best and auto-updated processors for the home theater, by that, you can easily control the volume of the with your wish, and there, on hp technical support number you can get all the advanced features of the AV processor. 
You should get the Lyngdorf MP-50. Spectacular for HT. Has excellent Room Perfect and it does the latest formats. 
Don't know how it performs in stereo for music playbacks. But the Lyngdorf does not have analog audio inputs. It retails for $10k, $4 cheaper than the McIntosh MX160. The MX160 has analog audio inputs. 

For cheaper option you should highly consider the Anthem AVM60 for $3k new. Its ARC2 (Anthem Room Correction) is phenomenal. With ARC2 engaged and properly calibrated its surround performance for HT is amazing especially considering its asking price of $3k new. 

The new Marantz AV8805 is supposed to be great too but I've never demoed it but I have heard the AV8802 (previous model) in a familiar HT setup and system and it was great for HT (surrounds). However, the Anthem's ARC2 is way better than the Audyssey in the Marantz, which will make big difference.