Stereophile, no more bench tests????!!!!

Looks like Stereophile may be cutting back on expenses, no more bench testing for measurements and specs to keep the manufacturers and reviewers honest, it'll make you think twice on what to believe now, without the proof to back it up.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/mark-levinson-no534-power-amplifier

https://www.stereophile.com/content/music-round-91-parasound-halo-52

Cheers George

128x128georgehifi
I would like to present another point of view. In my opinion the measurements are meaningless. Long ago it was true that amplifiers and speakers had odd sounds and odd measurements. The measurements never told me what the unit sounded like. These days the amplifiers measure so close to each other. Class D is difficult to measure. Speakers have the greatest distortion of all the components. And the room is the biggest variable of all. An amplifier’s Sound in your room is totally dependent on the room, the cables and the speakers. I only read Stereophile for the opinion and perspective columns. I won’t miss the measurements. I trust my ears. 
+1 edichang62 I have the print edition and the ML is indeed a followup and the Halo is in a column. All regular reviews contain measurements.
It’s a shame if so. High End Audio seems much more interested in bling and mysticism not engineering in order to preserve itself here these days. Oh well.   Much easier for all and probably more profitable that way.
tgrisham - I would like to present another point of view. In my opinion the measurements are meaningless.....

If the measurements are performed correctly, competently, etc. the measurements would mean something. Albeit I understand what you are meaning, which is that the measurement data may not be indicative of the sound quality or lack thereof. The interpretation of the measurements is what would have meaning. 

In the case of my DAC, I've read on two different forums where one group states the measurements are exceptionally good and another forum where a different group states the same measurements are terrible. 

I'd like to see manufacturers publish measurement data in accordance with industry standards, like those of Audio Precision.