Compare Large Advent?

I was wondering how the timeless Large Advent compare to some of the modern speakers?
I looked to find the sensitivity for these speakers but could not find the spec,anyone know what it is?
groundhog
IMHO the newer large Advent was and remains a great speaker. I had the surrounds of mine replaced by John of VanL Speakerworks in Chicago. He upgraded my crossovers and internal wiring too. They are in my basement and I play rock while I work out using my high school receiver-a Sansui 771. With good speaker cable, and proper placement, the sound is surprisingly good. And that is in comparison to 75K of electronics upstairs. 
Hi,

I still have my two pair of original Large Advents from the early 70's with replaced woofer surrounds and updated capacitors.

Then the update bug bit and I stored them away about eight years ago. 

Since that time, I have worked my way through Magnepans: 1.2, 1.7, and 3.6, and Thiels: CS3.6 and CS5.

Anyway, this thread got me off my butt to set up one pair of the Advents in my listening room.

They are running right now with a Hegel HD25 DAC, Prima Luna Dialogue Premium preamp, and W4S ST1000 amp, all connected with Cullen cables.

I am listening to Bill Evans "Another Time" and Alan Wilson "The Blind Bilnd Owl" and you know what - they sound pretty damn good. They have that certain mellowness and ease that is just right along with good soundstage and presence.

Yea, the Advents  could be a bit tighter in the bass and cleaner in the treble, but not too much, otherwise they would not be making MUSIC!

I had a pair of Large Advents a few years ago and hooked them up to my main system. And ya know what? They did sound good. I gave my Nephew a restored Vintage Sherwood receiver, a Marantz CD player, and those old restored Advents. He couldn't be happier....
drmoran - I'd be interested in your friend's Powered Advents.   How do I get in touch with you?