Looking for a Giant Killer Digital cable

Hello all,

I’m looking for a Budget ‘Giant Killer’ RCA coaxial cable to connect my Oppo 203 to a DAC for music playback.

Can someone suggest something currently available in the $50 to $150 price range?

If however your experience says some new Optical cable in that range is as good or better, please, by all means do mention it as I could go either way of course!

A 1M to 1.5M will be sufficient.

Huge thanks!
blindjim
folkfreak
got it. cool. Many thanks.
…. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . .

@audioengr

That’s better. Wasn’t able to see exactly which wire you refered to in the previous Link.

Can’t RCA termination maintain the 75Ohm protocol?

The flexibility from B.. to R.. is attractive, but I’d prefer the most stable, better performer per se, than a one size fits all solution. Usually.
. . . .. . . . . . . . . .

soix
excellent. Huge thanks. Having something is better than having not something. It breeds freedom and nonchalance, making the hunt a stroll rather than a gallop..
that’s the one! I had the v2 as well. Cool.
. . . . . . . . . . .. .

yping
considerable thanks.
. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . .

As this particular item gets dedicated for RCA to RCA digital 75 ohm use, it should be self evident the proposition leans heavily onto convenience with performance attributes being slightly less important.

For one, its merely an Oppo universal format player and used in an HT array where audio is a supportive element more so than the star.

Only streaming audio and CDs with 16/44 is getting passed out via SPDIF anyhow. Unless it will as well pass higher sampling rates with HD audio files. Hmmm. Dunno.

Consequently, throwing wads of dough into this bucket just makes little sense to me.

There is little sense in putting a $4,000 trailer hitch on a 1980 F 150 300 cid Pickup that hauls around bee hives, lawn debris and the occasional building supplies. Right?

Right. Although, YRMV.

Agree with the VH Audio Pulsar Ag.  I have one and it’s very good; detailed and smooth.  Chris knows what he’s doing!
@audioengr

That’s better. Wasn’t able to see exactly which wire you refered to in the previous Link.

Can’t RCA termination maintain the 75Ohm protocol?

No, RCA is never 75 ohms.

Steve N.

Empirical Audio

Been very happy with my Nordost Silver Shadow digital coax, it is terminated in bnc both ends and i use bnc to rca adapters both ends.
Some NOS around for between 150 to 200 i believe
Have to admit though that Nordost does not suit every system, works well in mine and i preferred the sq over a couple much more spendy audioquest and wireworld cables i tried.