Have you ever hated the sound of your system one day, and loved it the next?

Last night I went to bed thinking my system was going down the tubes. This morning I loved it.
 Last night it sounded painfully bright and unbalanced.  This morning, on the same CDs, it sounded full and rich.
Now, I ask you, is it the system or me???
  I understand changes in electrical currents from the wall can play a part, but I have an expensive power conditioner.
 I was just wondering if this is a typical bugaboo among audiophiles.
128x128rvpiano

If I may let me ask you guys a question. Why is it that so many HEA hobbyist don't know, or understand, that this is a variable science?

This is something that has puzzled me since the magazines went to component selling and moved away from adjusting the system. It's like time has stood still for 20 years in this portion of the hobby.

Michael Green

www.michaelgreenaudio.net

Okay, this is ridiculous!
Notwithstanding all that has been written here, today my system is sounding like it NEVER sounded before.  All the parameters of sound are way better.
Is it electrical? Who the f@#$ knows?!

Its enough to drive you totally insane.
rvpiano OP
Okay, this is ridiculous!
Notwithstanding all that has been written here, today my system is sounding like it NEVER sounded before. All the parameters of sound are way better.
Is it electrical? Who the f@#$ knows?!

Its enough to drive you totally insane.

>>>>>This is precisely why I say it’s a good idea to keep a log. That way you have some chance of correlating the sound you’re hearing on a particular day with something that could be affecting it. You know, like time of day, day of week, the weather, sun spot activity. Whatever. 
geoffkait,

In desperation, I may try a log.  Anything to make sense of this chaos.
The  syststem has been sounding blah for a long while, then, all of a sudden, today it sounds like gangbusters.
I had given up.  There’s gotta be some way to make sense of it.

Maybe sunspots!
We all have good and bad recordings and it should be considered a crime the way some of these studios use inferior devices and wiring in an attempt to make a good recording which is virtually impossible. We need more recording studios dedicated and properly equipped to make the best possible recordings.