Ready to move onto next stage of streaming

So for over a year I have been streaming Tidal via my Bluesound Vault 2.
Now I bought this mainly to rip all my cds to but after "discovering" Tidal I find that I rarely even playback from the Vault hard drive, I usually just find it on Tidal even if I know I have it in ripped format.

It boils down to 2 main source areas for me now,vinyl and streaming. Very happy with my analog as I do not even try to compare the two just let them happily coexist knowing they are different.

But here’s where I am at. I am sure there is probably a better setup for streaming Tidal with better sq than the Vault now.
However it still has to be as user friendly as the Vault to operate for the other denizens of chateaux Uberwaltz!
No computer science geniuses here!
Needs to be as simple as the Bluos app is right now for all to use.
Any suggestions that again does NOT revolve around any mac or pc setup.
Thank you
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xuberwaltz
@uberwaltz

If you’re already using an external DAC, I would sit tight. However, you’re missing out on full MQA decoding by using Digi Coax output.

You may not care about MQA but I am curious if you have compared the analog vs digital into 2170 DAC to see if MQA files sounds better?

My N10 / ARC DAC9 via AES/EBU easily trumps Vault2 / ARC LS28 via analog RCA (sorry, I know it’s not a fair comparison).

Aside from potential differences in DACs (which can be handled outboard anyway) why would there be any difference in the sound quality of any streaming box vs any other?  They’re all getting the same digital stream from Tidal, they should all pass a bit-perfect reproduction of that along to whatever is next in the chain via digital out.  
@lalitk 
Actually I have the Vault hooked up right now with both dig coax and single ended rca into the 2170.
Unfortunately the DAC in the Vault is of quite a lesser caliber imho and even MQA via analog is noticeably inferior to MQA via digital even though it only gets unfolded to 24/96.
To get full MQA benefit right now I would likely need to insert another MQA capable DAC between the Vault and the 2170.
At least that would be my take on it?

@mr_m
Is the ayre codex MQA capable?
Uber,

What are you using to control the Vault?  Tablet, phone?

I'm using an Auralic Aries w/ Femto clock, and control it with my iPad via Roon.  Auralic has it's own app, Lightning DS which I only use for setup, which I believe you can only do via an iPad at the moment.

Anyways - the Aries has USB, Toslink, Coax, AES out (pick your poison) and is only a streaming transport - which of course is all you need, since you're using the Lyngdorf's fantastic DAC.

I believe Auralic and Bluesound are neck & neck with each other regarding internal circuitry processor blah blah, but the Aries does have the Femto clock, and no DAC (extra hoopla inside), plus a very nice linear power supply, which should be an upgrade to your Vault.

I haven't used any Bluesound products, but I had the Aries Mini (no Femto/Built in DAC) and the Aries I have now sounds noticeably better.