Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
jafant are you familiar with the Pass INT 250 ?
Pass is pretty liquid sounding therefore most probably a good match for Thiel.
The INT 250 is doubling it's power down to 2 Ohm.
By the way did you find an amp for your 2.4SE ?
Thieliste, I have used many previous Pass amps and think very highly of them. (I don't know the INT-250). Nelson is a superb designer with values commensurate with driving a Thiel. The simple fact that it is doubling down to 2 ohms speaks clearly to the factors involved in driving a Thiel elegantly.
thieliste...

While I cannot offer an opinion on a MODWRIGHT KWI-200 SE with Thiel, I can offer one on the Modwright KWI-200 non-SE which I purchased used here from a fellow member a couple of months ago. 200 watts @ 8ohms, 400 watts @ 4ohms.  100% solid state BUT, it does have a home theatre by-pass which would permit employing a tube preamp if you so desire.  

Fortunately for me the unit arrived in pristine condition - indiscernible from new. Mine came with a very flimsy factory plastic remote, but after researching a little further I discovered that the factory still offers a rather hefty metal remote as a $200 option.  I called them directly and purchased it immediately. It worked flawlessly right out of the box.  

During this his call I inquired about using the home theatre bypass to employ a tube preamp and within a minute or so Dan Wright was speaking with me.  Impressed?  Hell yes - and I related that I had purchased the unit used.  It didn't matter.  Mr. Wright treated me with the utmost courtesy, as though I was a lifelong customer.  

As as this is the first all solid state system I've had in quite a while my initial impressions find it a tad more forward than any hybrid setup I've used - various solid state amps with tube preamps.  

Sonically speaking I have to say it strikes me as being rather similar to a Pass X150.5 in terms of delivering accurate, uncolored, "musicality" - terms I've used to describe my impressions of Thiel as well.  The nod would have to go to the Pass for perhaps being "too" clean - if THAT'S possible.  The Modwright strikes me as being a touch less aggressive in the treble, but this is a hindsight opinion culled from memory,  not a direct a/b comparison.  

Given the the reviews I researched before purchasing the Modwright and my post-purchase experience speaking with the brand owner, I have to relate that the model you're considering is most definitely a worthy contender.  Also, it is considerably larger than it appears in the web photos - my virtual systems page shows it.  It's about the same size as a Pass X150.5,  but it weighs a little less. Power-wise it offers 50 more watts at 8ohms and 100 more watts at 4ohms than my Pass did which, methinks, is both ample enough to power the legendarily "power hungry" Thiels, if not more than sufficient.  

I hasten to add that what I look for, seek in my amplifier choices is resolution at moderate listening levels.  In my humble experiences since joining this site the Pass and the Modwright deliver this exceedingly well - especially with speakers like Thiel that impressed me from the get-go with the exact same qualities. 

Welcome! back oblgny

always good to see you here William. Did you take down your Maggie thread? I enjoyed reading it and your audio journey comments on Thiel vs. Maggies and Vandys. Hope you are well.
Happy Listening!