New to DAC, need advice.

I recently purchased a Parasound ZDAC here and it worked well for a short time but then started acting up with short, intermittent bursts of static while streaming Tidal. Then for a day wouldn't play certain parts of the music such as missing a guitar or piano notes. After contacting Parasound they tell me it's a circuit issue. It's out of warranty and they are offering to have me ship it there for repair. It's been error-free for a few days now and in the mean time it's been recommended to me by Jim Williams of Adcom modification fame that I should consider the Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital DAC. It's roughly twice the price I paid for the ZDAC but if I send it in for repair, with shipping, I'll be right around the price of the Pro-ject DAC new, and it can decode MQA files where the ZDAC can't. So I defer to the community here. What's my best option on a limited budget?
128x128ratboysr
I may have missed it up thread, OP, but what is your budget?  Also, do you need a CDP?  Many players have Digital inputs so that their DACs can be used by other digital sources
Another question is portability.  Some DACs can be used will cell phones and other potable devices and then plug into a system at home.  Is that a requirement?
@mahler123 thanks for the response. I replaced the Zdac with the Pro-ject Pre Box S2 Digital ($400) and it's been great.