Oppo 205 guagers selling used units for twice the price...

You can't blame those individuals that are trying to sell their (used) UDP-205's for twice the price (several even posted on the site for 2k+). That's not this focus.. If someone is willing to pay, so be it. My favorite Wall Street quote, "The illusion has become real, and the more real it becomes, the more desperately they want it".

That said, I feel it’s my fellow audiophile duty to save those willing to pay opportunist their gouging offers. Remember, Oppo is a Chinese company, aka the wild west of capitalism (if there is a market they will sell into it). The 205 sold out within just 2-3 days after the oppo announcement throughout North America. Knowing that Oppo has added a registration button "we might make another production run" and knowing how fast the current stock sold out, they have a huge private pre-order list. That is GOLD in terms of any company's sales/production projections/risks. They will be making another production run! Don't pay these ----'ers a cent. You'll get a brand new factory fresh machine soon enough.

morg111
I couldn't help myself... I posted in 205 gougers listings:

" You do realize you are stuck with that machine, right? Received my email from oppo yesterday confirming they are producing more at retail price $1,299 and that I will be notified soon to make the purchase. "

I too posted on their listings letting them know that Oppo was manufacturing another batch at $1299 retail and they were petulant with their responses.  I refer back to my initial post above about these people having no souls.  I'm a big believer in what goes around comes around.
I did also.  When music is your passion and the gear is a means to that end, you get perturbed with such greed and idiocy.  Parasites.  Fleas on parasites......
@sense63

Yeah...I also got some nasty responses. One guy said he had already sold 10 of them at $2500, so I can go *** myself.

His poor grammar and inside knowledge of just how many units they are producing and how many emails they received requesting units made me think he was a peoples republic spawn connected to the company. Like I said in my post that started this whole discussion:  [china is] "the wild west of capitalism (if there is a market they will sell into it)".

That goes double if they think they can make an even bigger profit.