My Fisher XP66c Speakers Went To The Dump Today

A very sad day. I've had them since 1979 - almost 40 years - and they were still working when I trashed them. And they weren't new when I got them. They were at least third hand.  Sure, they had a few dings and smushed corners, but they still sounded pretty good as long as you didn't crank 'em. And you could still polish up the veneer to a respectable sheen.

I used them until I got the Magnapans in the 80s, and then they became the bedroom system. And they outlasted the Magnapans by a long time. 

I tried to sell them, I tried to give them away, but no takers. So here's to Avery Fisher and the XP series. He knew how to build a really good small speaker.
dragunski
Post removed 

You couldn't give them away? What about Goodwill or Salvation Army.

Why would you throw them away?

No, I couldn't.  Goodwill won't take electronics. Even an ad on LetGo got no responses. Ditto Craigslist for $20. Nobody wants big speakers - though these aren't that big. They all want tall, skinny, home theater types.

Either that or they're high-end people who look down their noses at an old speaker like this. They assume the surrounds are shot, too.

They had to go. I've got 2 pairs of Bozaks, one the size of a small refrigerator, and some AR3As. Which ones would you keep? Do you really think she's going to let me buy more when I've already got 4 pairs?
That's strange. I don't know where you live, but I'm in Arizona and Goodwill takes electronics at all of their stores here.