What is an excellent power cable?

Looking for a high quality power cable. Anyone recommend anything? Also, is a quality power distributor important as well? 
xenon
ostensible_constituency
An excellent power cable is any that is capable of conducting sufficient electricity to your component.
You've confused competence with excellence.
All people overhere talk about brands and products. But when you have no idea what the properties are of each individual part in your system you will never have any idea which one will be the best.

Beside this the acoustics and other parts (like smog, magnetism and high frequent noise) who negatively influence both sound and stage all limit you in the level you can get out of each powercable you use.

When you would like to understand audio you first need to learn to understand sound and all the properties on which sound is founded.

When you are at home and listening to your system you are listening to a sound and stage what is being created by all the properties of all the different parts in your system and the parts who negatively influences the sound and stage like the acoustics, smog, magnetism and high frequent noise.

This proofs how compex sound is. You need to be able to think and work in properties when you want to understand why the stage and sound of your system is what you hear.

This is the only way to understand and guide audio. All other options are all based on trail and error. And all have no foundation on which choices are made. It is that simple!!
I have not posted much in the forums in quite a few years, but the Triode Wire Labs power cord I have (the Eight+))sounds very good on my integrated.  Also on a different note, although the Pangea power cord I have always ends up discarded, disconnected, and laying in a corner, it's nice to see elizabeth still posting. 
I guess my budget is around $500

I'd contact Patrick Cullen: http://www.cullencable.com

I just received three of his Gold Series cables (10 AWG).  Patrick's cables are very well made and well within your budget.  I don't think you would be disappointed.

Cullen Cables are fantastic. Over the last six months I've replaced all my cables with Cullen. Very happy with the results.

Cheers,

Scott