Keep Adcom GFP-750 or Replace

Hi all.  

I am in the process of going through my system and updating it a bit.  The process started about a year ago when I decided it was time to burn everything on CD to FLAC so I could easily access it.  I ended up with a Jriver Id as a music server and upgrading from my old Bel Canto Dac 1 to a Schiit BiFrost Multibit.  Recently my Magnepan 3.5's started to delaminate so they are off at Magnepan being rebuilt.  Finally, my Sunfire Amp is about 20 years old, so it is going off to Bill Flanery to get serviced and caps replaced.  So my system as it sits looks like this:

Pioneer Elite CD Transport
Jriver Id
Rega Planar 1 to a Schiit Mani Phono Pre
Bose Soundtouch Wireless Link Adapter (Please don't laugh, it was the only reasonably priced streamer for Amazon music and Spotify with an optical out.  It pained me to give them my money).  
Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC
Schiit Loki EQ
Adcom GFP 750 Preamp
NHT X2 Crossover
Rythmik F15HP Subwoofer
Sunfire Stereo Amp
Magnepan 3.5 (using Revel F36s until they come back)
Monster HTS-3500 power controller
Wireworld Cables

My room is pretty large, approximately 21x21 with a cathedral ceiling and open to other rooms.  It is bit lively, but I am installing some GIK panels to help mellow it out.  I listen mostly to classic rock, but it can go from classical to rap depending on my mood.  I historically like a more laid back sound, for speakers Magnepan and Vandersteen have always hit the mark closest.  I do not do a lot of serious listing anymore, often I run the streamer.  It is only once every couple of weeks that I really sit down to listen.  I am also not a big vinyl person.  

So I am now looking at my 20 year old Adcom and that parts are becoming NLA and that it really probably needs a refresh which will run $500-600 (perhaps it will be an upgrade because replacement parts will be better, but impossible for me to tell).  In the alternative, it looks like I could get about $700 for the Adcom and not spend the money shipping it and getting it fixed, so if I bought something else, it would put me in the $1200-1300 budget range.  So I have been looking and come up with:

1)  Emotiva XSP-1-  Hits a lot of boxes on features I would like.  It has a built in crossover so I could ditch the NHT X2.  It has a remote trigger so I can turn the pre-amp on an everything else comes on (yes I am getting lazy). It has a processor loop for my Loki.  It has a built in phono preamp, so one less box.  I am just not sure if it will hit where I want on the sound spectrum, which is a bit laid back.

2)  Rogue Audio RP-1- Looks like the sound profile I like and has a built in phono preamp.  Used it would likely be in my budget.

3)  Schiit Saga or Freya-  I really like these guys, they have gotten back to the idea of audio doesn't have to cost a fortune and should be fun.  I am really intrigued by their amps, but am unsure which one if I get one.  I like the Freya allows me to run as solid state or tubed.  I have the ability to run balanced from the preamp to crossover to amp, but never have bothered and not sure it is worth the extra.  

Also, I have to have a remote for volume and am not interested in a passive preamp (I find it just doesn't have the drive when I run the Adcom in passive mode).  Thoughts, guidance, suggestions?

Thank you.
mcreyn
@stereo5 
even though I agree with you that the Rogue RP-1 is a great preamp and I think that it is a good recommendation, but If you had ANY other Adcom preamp other than the GFP750 what you heard is not any comparison.  
All other Adcom models are pale in comparison and cannot be compared in the same league. 
@timlub...………………..

Still, I wouldn't blow $1200.00 updating an older preamp, but that is just me.
It's worth contacting Jim Williams at www.audioupgrades.com to see if he'll upgrade that Adcom. I just recently had him mod my GFA-555 and GTP-400 and couldn't be happier. Reasonable pricing, fast turn around, and the difference is incredible. GTP-400 only cost me $300 + shipping.
mcreyn,

If you decide to sell the 750, let me know.  I'm also interested in the Freya. If you get one I'd also like to hear your thoughts on it.

Thanks.

Jim
Leaning towards the Freya, but also eyeballing the Cary SL-100, which has a tape loop and trigger to turn everything on. Concerned about the amount of gain though as the Cary has 26db of gain and 63db of volume adjustment.   As is I don’t hit unity gain on my current preamp, so would be limited to about 30db of volume adjustment on the Cary.