T+A elektroakustik HV Series Components

T+A stands for Theory and Application.

I'm keeping this broad and open to T+A's HV Series components (HV = High Voltage),

Which (currently) includes two integrated amplifiers, two multi-source players, preamplifier, amplifier, power supply, and SACD/CDP/DAC.

Creating this thread for owners to share their impressions, findings, thoughts, experiences, and questions about their HV components. Comparisons to other T+A Series products are also welcome.
Ag insider logo xs@2xdavid_ten
Although in different setups, I recently heard Magico A3s with the T+A PA 3100 HV and the Gryphon 300 with YG Carmel IIs. The Gryphon/YG combination had more detail, air, defined bass, etc... I don't know if it was the room, amp, or combination of both. I recently talked to someone that had both the T+A and Gryphon 300 and prefers the Gryphon 300 as being more open, detailed without brightness, and overall more musical in his opinion. Before "someone" screams the T+A is so much better, that's just one opinion! I'll repeat, it's so important to try components in your own system and let your ears decide.
@jafant Thank you.

@nitewulf The Lyric Audio Ti140 Mk2 rose to being very special, when certain synergies kicked in. Quite amazing.

@ricred1 +1 on "it’s so important to try components in your own system and let your ears decide."
Ricred1,
Simple truths reveal pure wisdom, I’ve come to appreciate/recognize this. You are correct with your comments and observation. Listen and make your own judgements. Someone else could just as easily prefer the T+A over the Gryphon. There are very few if any etched in stone proclamations regarding audio.
Charles
Ricrdi, we would never scream the T+A gear is better, in fact in discussions of uber integrated amps we often mention Gryphon as well as Vitus.

You can't really judge hearing a set of Magico's on T+A vs YG on Gryphon two totally different setups, different rooms and different cables and come to a conclusion about just the electonics, there are way too many variables.

With the T+A gear they are very sensitive to cables and power conditioning, so in the Gryphon vs T+A demo if the gentleman actually had that demo it is possible that in his setup he prefered the Gryphon with those source components and cabling, perhaps with different cabling on the T+A gear the demo might have gone the other way or with a different set of speakers. What works in one system sometimes does not work in another.

Also be leary of who you talk to sometimes "the guy" is someone affiliated with a dealer who is selling one brand of gear and not the other which may conveninently color the conversation.

We are waiting to do the comparison in our shop with the Gryphon if the Gryphon is better we will move into the line. However, most people feel at this level it is more a personal choice of what you like and what Charles1Dad said is a very valid point.

The major difference between the lines is Philip O Hanlon is one of the smartest marketing guys in the industry and he has done in the past an excellent job of getting his products noticed, alas, T+A's marketing approach is very quiet right now and no where as effective.

All in all two of the finest electronics companies in the world, we totally respect Gryphon their gear is fantastic as well. 

In the tale of the tape between the two brands, T+A is a much larger company, many people in Japan for example purchase the T+A gear over the Gryphon now this is hearsay by the international sales manager from T+A but he has told us that the Japanese importer either sells both brands or did sell the Gryphon and in their tests they prefered the T+A, in reallity this convesation is like which unbelieably fantastic automaker do you like, there are Mercedes guys and BMW guys,. which is the better car?

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

There's a dealer in the U.S. that carries T+A and Gryphon. I wonder what he would say about, " he has told us that the Japanese importer either sells both brands or did sell the Gryphon and in their tests they prefered the T+A."