Art Dudley Calls B.S. but without naming names - PLEASE DO!

Hey all,

As someone who hasn't been reading the audiophile press for all that long, I stumbled upon this article that I'm sure it lit up these airwaves when it was first published: https://www.stereophile.com/content/skin-deep

It's a great article and one that any knowledgeable person would most likely agree with, but hey, spending your own hard-earned (or inherited) money is a right and a privilege.  Art does call out some brands that he perceives to give great value:  AMVR, VPL, Conrad-Johnson, DeVore and Harbeth and Kimber and Peachtree and Quicksilver and Rega and Rogue and Spendor and Wavelength.  Shouldn't NAD be on this list?  

But what he doesn't do and I think is warranted, is name the companies that are most egregious in selling high-end products where the performance is far below the cost.  

I, for one, would love to see a list of those manufacturers from the people who read this forum.  You can group them by what they manufacture or just put them in order as you see fit.  I think it would be most helpful in calling b.s. but with "added-value", which is what this whole article was all about.  Right?

128x128lgoler
Want more proof? I won the paper airplane throwing contest at Martin Marietta in DC in 1988.
You could also send mental signals through thick glass like it were telegraph cables... You know, to create agony to intelligent people’s brains...

That’s pretty scary considering how effective his constant barrage of useless posts are at creating angst here already. Without even actually going anywhere even! How many victims have bailed? His quantum skills on display....  Luckily us Amish people do not believe in such things.

For the most part the moon landings were not (rpt not) a hoax. Only the first one was a hoax, the one with Neil Armstrong, you know, “One small step for man, one giant step for mankind.” That line was actually written by Stanley Kubrick’s wife. That one was filmed by Kubrick on a back lot outside London. He was selected to film the moon landing since he had just finished shooting 2001: A Space Odyssey so had the sets all ready.
@mapman Wow. I thought I was the only Amishman here among so many "English".  Welcome aboard brother!
Hifiman,

Fact is I grew up in Amish country so that kinda makes me an honorary Amish person. GK goes all the way with this as he is prone to do and mistakenly thinks I actually am an Amish person. Could be! My family teases me about my Amish-like leanings. But don’t let the cat out of the bag!   I have the best hifi of any Amish person I know.   Certainly the fanciest.