single driver speakers

Someone please help me out here...

I am struggling to understand how a single driver system can sound anywhere near as good as a multiple-driver system with crossovers...

I understand that crossovers and multiple drivers can have issues with interference, phase, etc - but those drawbacks would seem to be vastly outweighed by the increased frequency response and clarity within a frequency spectrum that a multi-driver system produces.

I see these

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis8ij2i-voxativ-ampeggio-due-70-off-priced-to-move-full-range

and just can not wrap my mind around how they could sound better than a multi-driver system costing 1/10 as much. (no knock intended on the seller of these speakers, I was just browsing listings and saw them so it made me wonder)

Thanks!
babyseaotter99
Yes, one of the best attributes of most single driver and horn systems is the ability to work with low-output amps.  The only "high-powered" amp I liked a lot was a custom-built OTL amp that was massive in size; it turned out that it had an output of 30 watts.  The only solid state amps I thought sounded decent were the First Watt F2 and an SIT amp that a friend built based on a First Watt schematic; both are pretty low on output.
I built my single driver system and love it!! I've had a few people come listen and they're always blown away of the sound that is coming out. If you are in the central CA area let me know and I'll demo it to you. 
Sunshdw,

I hope you are willing to share details about your single driver system, such as the kind of driver and the type of cabinet it is in. 

I have heard systems built around a pretty wide assortment of drivers--from modest Tang Band drivers (quite good) to Feastrix field coil drivers (a friend got them at a super bargain price of $18k for a pair) to 1940-50 drivers--and they all share an immediacy and liveliness that is quite addicting.  I have also seen such drivers used in a wide array of cabinets--transmission lines, back-loaded horns, open baffle, sealed box, bass-reflex--so I am curious how you did your system.  
Larryi,
Its a Audio Nirvana/ Schiit combo w/ a subwoofer xover at 45hz. The boxes are a internally braced/insulated bass reflex type with a large port opening and is made from 1" Birch. Someday I'll add to the virtual systems portion but chances are I won't due to threads like this.