Who has tried "TIDAL" vs other streaming applications?

Hello, I'm new to Audiogon, this is my first posting into Forums.

I enjoy streaming audio from my PC and have been using Spotify for a number of years now (college student discount to premium $5 a month). I just recently stumbled upon a App called TIDAL, that streams Lossless 16/44.1FLAC with their "HI-FI" subscription (Student $10 a month). Since I can queue up Spotify and Tidal at the same time, I was able to do an A/B and used Dire Straits Brothers in Arms. I noticed that TIDAL indeed sounds better to me but am convinced none of my family members could tell a difference. I then did an A/B with TIDAL and the actual Brothers in Arms CD, to my surprise TIDAL sounded scary close, if not just as good as the CD! This is hard for me to believe, I think I'm just trying to justify the extra cost of TIDAL on a crazy tight student budget, maybe its a placebo effect? I need to drop one of the services, but which one? I would appreciate your thoughts please... Thank you!
My system:
PC = Gaming Rig I built myself, using dedicated high quality audio card.
Krell KAV 400xi integrated
Sonus Faber Electa's with Sunfire HRS Sub
Cambridge AZUR 840C CDP/DAC
Luxman T117 Tuner
Sony SCD - C2000ES SACD Player
Kimber Silver Streak throughout  

grm
grm no reason to set it to a lower sampling frequency unless you prefer the sound, it shows up lower than 96 for me I assume because Auralic doesn't support MQA.
I would not spend hard to get $$ on a Tidal subsc. if I was (still) a student 
Tidal actually does a 50% off rate for students.
Regarding to this issue, tidal has lossless format, however, it is too big in terms of the file size, I personally prefer the spotify songs. I can stream it for free. Actually I can’t really hear the difference between spotify and tidal because both are very good. Besides that, what makes me decide is that I can use the spotify music downloader for mac https://www.drmare.com/spotify-music-converter-for-win/ 
to help you download the spotify songs for offline listening.
Instead of Tidal music, I'd like to listen to music, playlists from Spotify streaming services, since it gives me the free access to over 35 million songs.
Although I didn't like to use Spotify before, since there is no way for me to download Spotify files for offline listening. Fortunately, I found out the professional Spotify Playlist Downloader that can help me download and convert Spotify playlist to MP3 even without Premium subscription. As a result, I can enjoy Spotify files anywhere. 
Both Tidal and Spotify do allow downloading music for off-line listening.  I've only done this with Spotify.  I have no idea what the "professional Spotify Playlist Downloader" is.  I'm certainly not using such.  Whole albums or individual tracks can be downloaded.  Downloading and offline availability isn't limited to accessing a preexisting playlist.  Downloaded files can be accessed via laptop, iPhone or iPod.  If you are happy with how things are working now...great.  If you are running into limitations with your current method, see if this helps.

https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/on_phone_tablet_desktop/listen-offline/