Looking for a Giant Killer Digital cable

Hello all,

I’m looking for a Budget ‘Giant Killer’ RCA coaxial cable to connect my Oppo 203 to a DAC for music playback.

Can someone suggest something currently available in the $50 to $150 price range?

If however your experience says some new Optical cable in that range is as good or better, please, by all means do mention it as I could go either way of course!

A 1M to 1.5M will be sufficient.

Huge thanks!
blindjim
The glass optical cable has the standard ends of a inexpensive toslink, but are highly polished on the Wireworld. Standard cheap toslink ($15 to $30 variety) usually comes with one thick plastic line to transmit the signal. OTOH, a high quality glass optical is made up of hundreds of small glass threads to carry signal.

I have compared good glass Toslink cables to a high-quality plastic one and this plastic one beat the glass:

https://btpa.com/TOSLINK-XXX.html

Steve N.

Empirical Audio

Then one is left with figuring out if the reclocking on board the given device ...is substandard or not. And whether that given reclocking is messing up cable qualities analysis, or not. Or by what degree, is the usual reality.

This is why one has to be careful in what one thinks they hear with a given cable/dac/source combination which is in play.

An unfortunate state of affairs IMO. If the DAC S/PDIF input would only go to a good S/PDIF receiver like the AK4114, many DAC’s would at least have the capacity to sound a lot better with a low-jitter input source and a good S/PDIF cable. Instead, you mostly hear the Master Clock of the reclocker inside the DAC, which is usually of dubious quality.

A reclocker or a good S/PDIF cable before the DAC can still be beneficial because the PLL of the reclocker in the DAC is usually still sensitive to incoming jitter (the filter of the PLL).

BTW, many modern DAC’s do not have reclockers on the S/PDIF inputs, but some do use older receiver technology, so their ability to reduce or maintain low jitter is compromised.

Steve N.

Empirical Audio

audio sensibility a very good digital cable. Get his best dont look back. AND its pretty reasonable (well who knows whats reasonable in this hobby anymore)

Best
Char2
I second the Black Cat Silverstar recommendation.  Can use as RCA or BNC.  

Thanks to all. Especially teo_audio & Steve N.

Furthermore, many thanks to those whose comparisons have been included so far.

I’m sorry I’ve not been paying more strick or timely attention of late.

I’ve been learning the UDP 203 and thus far am pleasantly impressed. I’m bringing in two wires next week to begin the trials. Figured it a decent idea to get the 203 a bit of time spinning discs and integrating . it into the present bare bones outfit. Everything has been sitting idle for months as I’ve been leaning on the personal confuser and headphones or a pair of so soLogitech desktop speakers for any listening.

That is, of course, in between Dr visits and Atty visits, and as well I’ve been learning to play my new/used Kurzweil Model Pc88 88 key and controller
keyboard. The keyboard needs a better powered speaker for sure, but for now its good enough.

BTW.. any and all anecdotal info is welcome regarding RCA or TOS links. As well, subjective user accounts in terms of A ‘versus’ B comparisons are quite welcome too!

Ya simply don’t know what ya don’t know! Until you do. End user input always helps. Consequently so does maker feedback!

Many many thanks.