Cerebral versus Visceral?

Generally // Generically 'framed' as Musical vs. Accurate.

I have issue with the above two words being separated as I find that to be musical there must be accuracy or preferably (to me) 'realism.' Further, I believe that both 'words' have been appropriated and attributed with connotations by respective 'camps' and that 'musical / accurate' is generally discussed as being on a continuum or sliding scale with each on polar ends.

Below is a link to a Steve Guttenberg video on the this topic. I like his choice of 'cerebral' vs. 'visceral.' 

He discusses this from a "speaker" perspective...I see it as a SYSTEM result. 

Thoughts and Reaction?

"With some speakers you feel the music, and with others you just think about it."  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWqcu1wR1sw
Ag insider logo xs@2xdavid_ten
One thing that made me think of skin hearing was a reviewer talking about listening to an ESL with a specially made tube amplifier built without transformers. ESL's like high voltage, so the tubes were hooked up directly. 

The reviewer mentioned sobbing like a babe, and this is actually something that happens at times during massage therapy. People release trauma and it hits just like that. 

Best,

E
I'm not too proud to admit that I had an emotional reaction once, to a demo at an audio show a few years back. It was over in Irvine, Ca. and it was at the Brooks Berdan room. They had a rather expensive TT set up with some top notch electronics and they put on Louis Armstrong's St. James Infirmary and my eyes welled up and a tear ran down my cheek.
It was bliss. 

A hand gently touched my shoulder and he said something like "take you time, there's no rush." I wish that happened all the time.

All the best,
Nonoise