Notable very small loudspeaker companies (other than Tekton!)

Let's give a shout-out to those very small speaker companies that make excellent products.  I'm thinking of true one-man operations (owner-designer-maker) as well as very small ones (owner-designer + a very few employees).

My nominees: Ryan, Prana, Philharmonic, Fritz, Watkins, Vaughn, Chapman, even Daedalus, Salk, Selah.

Who else belongs in this list?

How do they manage to compete with the "big boys", in quality if not in quantity?

128x128twoleftears
I know the title is other than Tekton(not sure why), but I still think it should be included as they are worthy speaker company especially for those of us on a budget. My mini lores gave me a great sound for under $1000.  I might also for Zu if you are on a budget.  Never owned them, but have heard a few models.
IMO Totem makes the best speakers on the market for Classical music available at reasonable prices . But it is not a small company .

Exactly.

What I was going for in this thread was the enterprise headed by one guy, with perhaps one or two helpers, tops.  There seem to be plenty of viable speaker companies operating like this, though the downside is of course that it's diabolically difficult to find somewhere to listen to their products.