Is a GREAT turntable under $2000 possible???

Howdy folks-

I’m really enjoying my current set up and return to 2.1 channel listening and Home Theater. Here’s what I’ve got:

-Mc402 Amp
-Anthem Mrx 520
-Oppo 103 Bdp with Scott Nixon tube dac
-Mac Mini with a Scott Nixon Usb tube dac
-Audience and Wireworld cables
-Tekton Electron speakers

I’d like to introduce vinyl to my evening listening pleasure. Any recommendations for a turntable (including arm, cartridge, etc) under $2000? Is this a reasonable figure? I have no clue when it comes to turntables so any advice given is surely appreciated.

Brent

128x128knollbrent
I just ordered the Record Dr. and he'll be here Thurs. We'll clean these babies up and get that static outta here! It's the new records. It's funny, cause I use the hair on my chest as a reference. Just hold any suspicious record up to my chest and either the hairs stick out or they don't. It's funny! Just happened by accident too.
excellent!  the record dr is a great machine and a big value.  don't forget some mofi anti-stat sleeves!  
Record Dr. is pretty great indeed. Easy to use and does what it’s supposed to do, clean your vinyl. Static is gone too which has been a nuisance on some of my new records. Some records still pop and crackle but I think that’s just part of the original pressing. I will be getting a protractor soon. I may be able to fine tune the cart a little making for a cleaner, better image.

I suspect some records are noisier than others. Got a NM   U2 Joshua Tree US 2007 and it's pretty crackly even after cleaning and using brush. I clean the stylus after every record too. 

Any thoughts on this?
I do have a VPi Classic 3 in Piano black Store demo. Any Turntable you purchase honestly comes down to setup and attention to detail. A Well executed rig even with a Technics could be good also ! Always go to your nearest dealer, Pay retail prices and have him set it up correctly. That service will give you an amazing relationship, invites to dealer events and a knowledgable staff when you run into problems.

Any opinions on the use of Groove Glide? I ordered the cleaning set but will wait till I hear back regarding those that have tried it and their opinions. Thanks!