Vinyl recordings - best methods

Hi there
I would like to draw your attention here:
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/audiophile-recording-and-playback-tascam-da-3000/post?highlig...
Maybe, now, there are even better recorders, out there.
Yet a big part of the picture is, do the best with what you have.
We need more discussion with updates on how to do the best recordings.
Oystein

o_holter
An Antelope LiveClock is now 44.1kHz external word clock for the Tascam.  LiveClock is synchronized to the SRS 10mHz rubidium clock.  I haven't yet compared the SRS clock to LiveClock's internal oven controlled oscillator. Both ADC ad DAC sections of the Tascam sound much improved.  It's a pleasant surprise that the wall wart that Antelope includes with the LiveClock is a linear power supply.  Next step is to build a DC umbilical to connect LiveClock to the Hynes SR7.        
BTW, Tascam specs the DA-3000's internal oscillator at 1 ppm precision, as compared to .02ppm for the LiveClock.
hi there again,
dgarretson, and others, I am in for my yearly 'best of' vinyl recordings. For now I will use the DA-3000 as is - it has served me really well - but maybe I could upgrade it in the fall. What are the DA-3000 mods that really make a difference (regarding the recording part)?

@o_holter My posts on the DA-3000 mods are spread out, but here is a link to AA with a summation and photos. Since then I am hearing further improvement after application of Perfect Path Total Contact graphene past to the pin block connectors throughout the unit. That should be done with great care in order to avoid potential shorts.

Feel free to PM me if you want more details, including a hand-written schematic identifying the caps to be replaced in the ADC section.

https://db.audioasylum.com/mhtml/m.html?forum=vinyl&n=1163057&highlight=tascam+da-3000&search_url=%2Fcgi%2Fsearch.mpl%3Fforum%3Dvinyl%26searchtext%3Dtascam%2Bda-3000

dgarretson - thank you, I will study this. I am not able to do it myself but maybe I can find a tech who can. By the way, as related in another thread here ("Why are my woofers pumping?"), my cart/arm combo has too low resonance, resulting in subsonic pumping. What is interesting in this context is that the pumping carries over to the DSD recordings made on the Tascam. So it records whatever is there, very low in the frequency spectrum (probably around 7hz).