Best value Bookshelf speaker

I'm trying to decide which bookshelf speaker to acquire. I just purchased a Bob Carver Dominator 8 Sub which seems good. Will hook it up to an old Audio Research D90 and SP-12 pre-amp (tube/SS hybrids). I have a pair of JSE floor speakers that have Dynaudio drivers and have always loved them, but now are too big for my new room- it's a marriage thing!

I've listened to Dynaudio Focus and Vienna Acoustic Haydns and both sounded nice. The VA salesperson said he did head to head comp w/Dynaudio and the VA's were superior.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Thanks.
jamesk58
James,

I really really urge you to at least listen to the Polk Audio's, if you can get past the name and plan on keeping the speakers for awhile I think you'll be suprised at how bad they'll make most of the speakers mentioned in this thread look.
I did get a chance to listen to some Polks but don't believe they were the lsi9's. Unfortunately it was at Fry's which is a big box electro store and the audition was under very poor conditions.

If I can find a higher end store I'll give them a try but again, for my music tastes I really liked the Focal speakers.
If anyone is still following this thread, I did buy the Focal 806's today after another listen. Still feel the imaging and soundstage are wonderful. I'm sure there are plenty of other speakers out there to keep me confused but I went with the Focals and so far feel great about it.

Thanks for the inputs.
You will be able to hear the Polk Lsi9's at a Tweeter if there is one near you. Not exactly a 'boutique' but they do have a few decent brands there. I would have jumped on the Lsi15's at the asking price but wife vetoed the cabinet.
Thanks for the info James. It's appreciated when the thread originator posts his results. Enjoy the Focals.