Interconnects and non-believers

For anyone who denies there are differences in cables, I have news for you.
There are vast differences.  I just switched interconnects between my CD transport (Cyrus) and DAC (Schiit Gumby), and the result was transformational.  Every possible parameter was improved: better definition, better soundstaging,  better bass, better depth etc.
I can’t understand how any audiophile with ears can deny the differences.  Is it delusion or dogma?
128x128rvpiano
I have never been a "big believer" in the high end cables. I’m using Hosa in my all balanced cable setup, with the exception of Transparent Music Link Super. I do use Vera Star Silver Stream, as my TT interconnects, but have to say, there’s hardly any difference, if any, in my home made two conductor with ground cables. I had to extend the Transparent xlr cables to reach my farthest monoblock. I’ve switched them out with just plain Hosa cables and the difference, if any is negligible. The Transparent do make a slight difference, but doubt many could differentiate. I’m using Tara speaker cable about 24" long. I made a home made 12 gauge solid copper cable and I can’t tell the difference. I think when using balanced cables, there’s just not that much difference. as long as they’re good quality cables. I know Elizabeth just dropped a load on balanced cables, but I think she said they were long . I did come upon a pair of Aurum 20' balanced interconnects I bought for $30. They're the red type. Haven't looked them up, but they sound good connecting my Theta Miles to my line stage preamp. I’m glad u can hear the difference. That’s what it’s all about. For those who can tell a difference, I applaud u. It just comes down to what each of us hears. There’s no right or wrong.
Hey @Geoffkait, someone back there or on another thread said you have a website - I can’t find a way on here to pm you but could you send a link if there is a way to do that on this Audiogon? You have interesting views.
Sorry to go off-topic.
I've read many comments from those with EE degrees including electricians. Believe me I do respect your professions however what I'd like to know is when it comes to interconnects do you speak from theory or from actual listening experience with a revealing system?
I still maintain that cables can only mess up the signal. The less they mess it up, the better. And plenty of cables from many companies in many price ranges mess up the signal. Noise, response anomolies, and other issues can abound. I think it comes down to finding which cables mess up the signal the least, and in a way that you can live with. I recently also upgraded my IC between my DAC and preamp. It cured one of the most vexing problems that I had with my system - the bodies of vocal sounds were oddly detached in space from the consonant sounds. The sibilant "s" sound would be to one side of the stage, while the syllable that followed would be in the middle or to the other side. Wierd and terrible, and I always thought it was my room or source gear. A new cable reduced this issue by about 95%. Amazing.
bondmanp,

You may indeed be right, but it doesn’t change things.
Different cables sound different from one another, no matter what the reason.