Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Thielrules, thank you for your advise.
I wanted to create a vintage set so I started 4 or 5 years ago to build it. I begun it with a power amp Accuphase P360, perfect no issue, then I found the Tuner T108, works perfectly with the ant Magnum Dynalab. Then I bought the pre a C260 with many issues, power knob, mc input. It is still under repair, and I could not listen with the Thiel, purchased just two month ago or so. So I am using a pre Proton AP400, and the sound is very thin.
The C260 a a complete parametric eq that allows to increase the frequencies below 100 and or 40 hz. In addition it has a presence control that increases low frequencies when the volume is set below -50 dB. Do you think that I could compensate the lack of the Thiel CS3.5 bass eq with the low tone controls?

Thank you

dinopau
Thank You for posting a follow up to your situation. I will keep an eye out for a spare Bass EQ that fits those 3.5 speakers. These do appear on eBay from time to time. In fact, I saw one earlier this year.
I hope one of the guys here can assist you with this dilema. I can hardly await for you to get the Accuphase up and running. This brand is on my short-list to demo.
Happy Listening!
Guys-
if you have a spare Bass EQ for the 3.5 loudspeaker or know someone that does post here, contact dinopau. Urgent need on his end.
Thank You.
tomthiel
Much Thanks! for the follow up. Did you consider your self a Hippie or Folkie back in those days? A very cool personal story indeed. I am glad that you are here and posting your history, impressions and thoughts. Isn't this a great hobby?
Happy Listening!
BASS EQ FOR CS3.5

dinopau - where do you live?

I have a functional bass equalizer along with a complete pair of innards - crossovers, woofers, tweeters and midranges.  

The mids do not work.  So far as I could tell it worked fine but the mids didn’t.  

I live in NY 11755.  Contact me.