Interconnects and non-believers

For anyone who denies there are differences in cables, I have news for you.
There are vast differences.  I just switched interconnects between my CD transport (Cyrus) and DAC (Schiit Gumby), and the result was transformational.  Every possible parameter was improved: better definition, better soundstaging,  better bass, better depth etc.
I can’t understand how any audiophile with ears can deny the differences.  Is it delusion or dogma?
128x128rvpiano
@elizabeth 

On an earlier note.

I used to drive nothing but big v8 cars, Mustang, Camaro, Challenger etc.
Then I discovered the ST. Had a downpipe, full exhaust and open filter and rolling road dyno tune, 277hp. Fun every mile!
Then I was ruined.....
Took it to local Ford dealer for 10k service and there it was...
Focus RS in Mad Max Matte black staring me in the eye, saying go on I dare you!
It went home with me that day, yes I am impulsive.....
2.3 liter, 335hp, awd, I have died and gone to heaven!
I love my Ford Focus ST. I have thought about the RS.. but I am just a little too cheap to fork over the dough for a RS. (Plus I love my mpgs, over 32mpg average, if I stay off the boost)
I spent $30K for the ST ($33list) and the price of the RS (over 44K) is more than I want (really, can afford) to spend. (If I had the money.. if only!)
jetter,

prof and teo, can’t help but notice that you turn most threads into a debate style forum. Were you "debatetateers" in your prior life?

Hi jetter,

I’ve long been interested in philosophical subjects (especially. but definitely not limited to, the intersection of science, religion, philosophy, skepticism, non-mainstream belief systems, etc), and so yes I’ve spent a long time having to debate and defend concepts against many very smart people who know how to drill down to find inconsistencies. This has ingrained a habit of checking my own beliefs and claims for inconsistencies. It also ingrained in me the desire, in the case I want to claim something, to provide supporting argument and not merely make assertions. That is often why a lot of my posts get long winded. I want to say "here’s what I want to get across, and here are the reasons to accept it").

That said: I believe you are being selective - though likely not intentionally - in thinking I turn most threads into a debate style forum.

If you surveyed my actual posts, you would find that the vast majority of them are not "debating." If you search for the threads I’ve created, you will see that not one of them is a "debate" thread.

With maybe one or two exceptions (e.g. fuses), the few threads were I have engaged in extended "debate" are those essentially set up for debate - were for instance someone has posted a challenge to a viewpoint I might support, or partially support, or which invites various viewpoints on a broader subject.

Look at this thread title and OP: you could hardly say that I would have been responsible for setting the stage for debate - the thread itself is an obvious, combative challenge to those with a differing viewpoint, right? Merely expressing my opinion I’m sure, though, may be seen by you as being an ornery debater? (I don’t know, you tell me).

And anyway, notice I did not in fact turn this into debate; I only made a joking reply and mentioned I wasn’t looking for extended debate on cables.

I might exchange with a few people here a bit more. But...that’s what we do here in these forums.

Some people are Car People. Other people are Focused on sound. Let’s call them Sound People. Some people are focused on circuits, some are focused on sound. You cannot serve two masters.
"Cannot serve two masters" I guess that means you have a one track mind?
IMO the greatest minds are those which CAN carry opposing views and work with them together. the synergy is often the way forward. Folks who have monolithic notions end up stuck on a dead end.
(That will be $200 for my thirty second therapy session, Geoff.)

PS I just made a 4 meter AC cord out of Carol 12 gauge and some Marinco AC ends laying around for ten years. Folks bothered me claiming Pangea cords SUCKKKK. So I decided to try a basic cord to compare, just for the Hell of it. Before I go spend $$$ on other 'better' (than Pangea) power cords.
Plugged in the unbroken-in cord just ten minutes ago. Sounds like music. (I will let it break in for a week before making any further pronouncements.)