Music Server Recommendation

Hello AG community,
I have embarked down the path of getting my music off my computer (iMAC>USB Drive>Ethernet) and on to a dedicated music server.  Primarily I am looking for significantly improved sound quality and instant on. It will feed my DAC (most likely via USB). Need 4TB in onboard storage (no attached drives/NAS). I would really prefer to stay with Roon (have a lifetime sub) but will consider others with equal or superior functionality/sound/remote app.
Budget is $4-5k

My current primary equipment:
PS Audio DirectStream Jr/Oppo BDP-105
Ayre K-5xe Pre
Conrad Johnson MF2500a Amp
Vandersteen Quatro Woods
AQ Niagra 1000
AQ cables

I have been considering the below:

In the lead:
Antipodes EX (+ 4TB SSD)/Roon $5100
Innuous Zenith MKII Std/Roon $?? (can't figure out the US cost yet)

I really like the Antipodes especially the modular approach (ability to add a CX down the road), reviews and their reputation. Innuous seems like it may rival the Antipodes in sound quality. Both are not the easiest to buy or figure out sellers/distributors/pricing.

Trailing:
Aurender N100H $3000
Melco N1 MKII $??

Aurender is readily avail. Conductor app is generally well regarded. Would prefer the N10 but it is out of my range. I have heard some negatives regarding this unit being a bit shrill (definitely not anything I would be happy with). The Melco is very interesting and meets the sound quality std but is probably the fussiest from a setup perspective. Their software/remote app is probably the weakest of this group. Also confused about the 2 x XTB setup (is this a raid array or combined storage)?

What other products should I seriously consider in that price range? Is the budget sufficient for my requirements or should I look used or wait and save more?

Thank you in advance and look forward to your feedback

fdemello
@astewart8944 glad to hear you have had a good experience with Antipodes USA. A used DX as people move up to the CX/EX combo is also on my list to consider

@amg56 I Initially considered the NAS approach but was really looking for a piece of hardware optimized for audio performance only.  Although I do understand the obsolesence risk as this technology continues to move forward. I am sure you are getting excellent sound.  What are you all in for that setup? Where does your Roon DB reside (on the NAS?)

@abedirov Thanks for posting that review. I haven't seen that one yet

@dgarretson not that familiar yet with the SOtm equipment. Another NAS vote. Not using DSP currently (tend to like to pass a pure signal with no processing) but would not want to limit future use if at all possible ($)

Thanks all

@fdemello The Roon DB resides on the 1Gb SSD and the separate music files on the big disks. Advantage is that it won't suffer from obsolescence and the files are portable. If you go a Antipodes or Vault, the music files are not that portable or risk adverse. Best go to the Roon site for equipment compatibility.

I went the NAS way from Windows Server and Media Centre, well before the newcomer technologies. I guess it will be what you are most comfortable with. :)

If improved sound quality is one of your main criteria consider Wolf Audio. Their Cub is in your price range and their customer service is second to none.
@lwin I did initially look at Wolf Audio. I was a bit turned off by the lack of reviews and buzz. I will take another look at the Cub. Thanks

@fdemello Another way to look at "a piece optimized for audio" is to separate the "ethernet problem" from the "usb problem." This has been examined on the Computer Audiophile forum, concluding that the ethernet-to-usb conversion and usb regeneration is a greater challenge than the host computing engine. On a budget of $5K (or more), there is much to recommend hosting Roon on a high-performance, computer-grade NAS like QNAP, and focusing $$$ on Ethernet-to-USB endpoints that are "optimized for audio."

Check out reviews of SOtM sMS-200ultra, tX-USBultra, SPS-500, sCLK-OCX10. You can add these products incrementally as budget permits, without obsoleting anything. I've had the Sonore microRendu as well-- it offers tremendous value at around $600.