Interconnects and non-believers

For anyone who denies there are differences in cables, I have news for you.
There are vast differences.  I just switched interconnects between my CD transport (Cyrus) and DAC (Schiit Gumby), and the result was transformational.  Every possible parameter was improved: better definition, better soundstaging,  better bass, better depth etc.
I can’t understand how any audiophile with ears can deny the differences.  Is it delusion or dogma?
128x128rvpiano
prof,

You will have to have the last word on this subject (you won’t allow it any other way!)
Your extensive rationalizations have worn me out.
rvpiano,

Sorry, didn't mean to wear you out.  Don't respond if you don't feel like it, but if you even just ignore my last post to you, I would still be curious about your answer to one question.

You'd said there was a degree of hype and self-delusion in our hobby.

How do you think we could determine hype from substance, and just as important, self-delusion from reality?

Nelson Pass has a lot to learn on this topic.

IC`s: 2xVivanco KX-710 pr lenght, only inner cores connected. Makes the ultimate* IC, rca or xlr. One single KX-710 makes the ultimate digital coax.

*100% inaudible

Too bad I can`t upload pics here or I would have shown you how to do the rca`s. WBT-type plug 
You know, it’s nice to be skeptical. I am a very big skeptic. But the difference, I think, between me and a lot of skeptics, especially self styled skeptics, is that eventually I get down to business and try to figure out what the ding dong is going on myself. After all, it doesn’t make sense to be so overly skeptical of an idea, a device, a product, a phenomenon forever or rely on others to figure it out. Or perhaps not care if the issue ever gets settled as that would end the debate and spoil the party. 🍻

Skepticism is a human trait, not a lifetime occupation. At some point don’t you have to roll up your sleeves and take matters into your own hands and try to get to the bottom of things? You can’t leave it to others to settle whatever beef 🍔 you may have. This is the difference between skeptics who talk a good game, who know the Skeptic’s Handbook inside out, and skeptics who are curious enough to take the bull by the horns. 🐃

I am rather suspicious, naturally, of any self-proclaimed skeptic who maintains that audiophiles are deluded or that products are hyped. This “Uber Skepticism” is ill conceived and unwarranted, in my opinion. This is not evidence of a questioning mind so much as someone who just enjoys asking a lot of questions. At some point it’s probably time to fish or cut bait. 🦈

your friend and humble skeptic
prof
How do you think we could determine hype from substance, and just as important, self-delusion from reality?

The best approach is to use the same techniques that have proven effective in the rest of your life. After all, deceit and propaganda are everywhere.

First, ditch the fear. It's a negative emotion that can cloud your judgment. Second - and this is important - understand the subtle distinction between illusion and delusion. If you can avoid being fooled by illusion, then you are not much at risk for delusion.

Avoid snap judgments and evaluate "expert" advice carefully. Do at least some of your own research. That means not simply reading the opinions of others, but diving deep enough to conduct your own analysis. In audio, that means you are going to have to do some of your own, first-hand testing.

The truth tends to be revealed over time.  Those who seek instant answers are the ones most easily fooled.