Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Hi Jab,
If S&V were listing them for $1400/each, then prices must have gone up without my knowledge, which is quite possible.  Back at the end of 2013, Crutchfield began clearing their Thiel inventory since they stopped carrying the brand. They sold the HigherPlane 1.2 for 50% off the MSRP of $990, at which point I grabbed a couple.  I confirmed it by checking my order confirmation which I still have.
Also, check out Thiel's press release back in 2007:
http://wircmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Inwall_Onwall_REL.pdf
Again, prices certainly may have gone up since then but the original MSRP was $990 each. 
@batmanfan the list of $2,180 is for two so that's $1,090 each list price.  A $100 increase over the original $990 initial price is to be expected.  Thiel always raised the prices gradually.  
@batman I believe Thiel used Straightwire as their cable supplier for most models. Funny enough, I am using SW Mastro II SC with both my 3.6 and CS6. It is just a great cable that has beaten out many higher priced cables in my system, too many to mention in one thread!

Great synergy, not sure internal wiring has anything to do with it but a great match nontheless. I owned SW Virtuoso R SC for a while and preferred the Maestro.

I did a cable shootout using the Cable Company years ago when SW was still making the Maestro and determined it to be the best sub 1K cable in my system. Later, I ventured off into many way more expensive cables and always ended up putting the Maestro’s back in. Could have saved alot of dough....but at least now I know.

It is really the only time I have used the cable company to make an educated choice and it was time well spent.
Thiel has used the same internal wire since the 03 in 1978, before the time that wire became a component. We identified a high purity, long crystal, oxygen-free polished wire in teflon jacket, developed for the aerospace avionics industry. That wire, twisted at 2.5 per inch does the job in separate runs from input terminals to XO and XO to each driver, with no shared grounds, etc. The wire is a known component of the XO network, so all its factors are measured and listened to as system characteristics.

When ITT / Florida stopped making that wire, StraightWire developed an equally excellent source and Thiel used that exclusively going forward.

This internal wire is a different animal from amp to speaker cable runs which must be engineered without knowing source or load or ambient impedance, capacitance, length of run and so forth.
Hi Jon_5912, if the price is per pair, then the pricing makes complete sense to me!  I must have missed that point, so thanks for the clarification.