are "LONDON" pressings made in the UK, inferior to the Decca pressings

Are "LONDON" pressings made in the UK, inferior to the Decca label originals of the same record? Anecdotally
 I 've heard mixed responses to this. Anyone have a lot of evidence , having heard both?
rrm
... If you enjoy them more with the SXL label on it, go for it. They sound great! But my intention was to give unbiased advise to (apparently) a novice collector who is interested in sound quality, not status. In the current marketplace you can buy as many as 10 London bluebacks for every SXL 2000 series with the same sound quality. Not a difficult choice if you ask me......
I did not write that I enjoy SXL more, I wrote a few lines about the background in general (from my memory, it is long time ago when I collected some SXL and bought way more London CS and Monos later).
Honestly, in summary I prefer London (but can be that some titles I really like sound a bit different compared to SXL).
I was more deep in RCA Living Stereos and later to SXL and Londons...Both, SXL/London are always first rate, really bad were later the Reissues from Speakers Corner (SC=Sound Crap)

Pryso
Yes, killer definitely. I doesn’t matter what press number you have, 1, 2, 3, 4 because the quality control took proof that each stamper was first rate. You can try to find same from other cutting engineers, there are interesting differences (G, W, V, L,K, D, E ...)
G=Burkett is known for really low frequency cut.. but there is not "best" engineer, it is a bit of taste from each
A "best" sound record is not automatically 1L / 1D..maybe it is a 6W ....
I guess from CS 6581 I own 4 or 5...

@syntax 
That's interesting. Most collectors say they prefer SXL's over CS's, probably in an attempt to defend their buying decisions. You are the first person I come across who actually prefers the London's for their sonics. Which still seems to suggests that you hear a generic sonic difference......

I agree that most of the so called 'audiophile' reissues sound like crap, not just the Speakers Corner. Any of Decca's own Ace of Diamonds reissues from the 70's will sound better for much less money.

@pryso 
syntax is correct that later matrix numbers can often sound just as good as the earlier ones. The mother/stamper number is much more significant to sonic quality. Decca used the services of several great cutting engineers, e.g. Stan Goodall (E) and Tony Hawkins (K), who did most of the SXL 2000's and earliest 6000's, and Harry Fisher (W), who was responsible for the majority of the later 6000's.  In my opinion Ted Burkett (mister 'G') was probably the most consistently excellent. Not so much for deep bass, but for their 'see through' transparency. He unfortunately didn't do that many of the SXL/CS cuts, but he was responsible for most of the Argo catalogue. This is a Decca subsidiary label greatly underrated by 'audiophile collectors' and therefore very affordable. Less mainstream repertoire perhaps, but lots of interesting 20th century stuff. Grab 'em while you still can. 

Granted I don't have the playback systems and experience some of you have but I'll risk being shredded and say that some of the Jubilee budget repressings sound f
@roxy1927 
Don't worry being shredded, at least not by me. The reason these Jubilee's generally sound great is because Decca used the same quality level (metalwork as well as cutting engineers) for these budget pressings as they did for the original full price SXL/CS and midprice Ace of Diamonds SDD issues.

The only possible downgrade might be that the stampers had been used before or they made new stampers from lacquers that had previously been used for the earlier pressings. This can eventually result in reduced dynamics and perhaps a bit more surface noise. 

There is at least one Jubilee on the TAS list for top level sonics and commands top prices (around $100). This is a recording of the Prokofiev Violin concertos by Ricci and Ansermet (ECS 746). Ironically it is one of those titles that was never issued on SXL in the UK, although it was released in mono (Decca LXT 5446). It was originally released in stereo in 1959 on London CS 6059, which makes it the first stereo UK pressing (with 1K/1E matrix). 

For the Jubilee reissue brand new lacquers were cut by Ted Burkett (mister G). I've never heard it, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it sounds better than the original CS. All of this goes to show you that there are no strict rules in this game. So buy and enjoy your Jubilees without reservation (and save yourself a lot of money).