Cartridge or Pre Amp

I recently picked up the Pro-Ject Tube Box DS and I am tickled pink on how warm and yet dynamic it remains. I’ve noticed that there seems to be some front stage darkness on some older records. Nothing more volume can’t fix. Would upgrading my AT-ML150 cartridge or the pre amp would this phenomenon or it simply a characteristic of the production and pressing of its day?

My setup:

Technics MK1200 MKII various upgradeds: wires, tonearm, etc.
AT-AL150/OCC Cartidge
Pro-Ject Tube Box DS
Bryston 4B3
Bryston Model T speakers
Simaudio MOON NEO Preamp
OPPO UDP-205

joyofsound
@invictus005 Unfortunately I need a subsonic filter due to my systems dynamic nature...alas the Parasound JC3 lacks one.

joyofsound
"
Unfortunately I need a subsonic filter due to my systems dynamic nature"

A subsonic filter is a band aid patch to try and correct something that is wrong with a Music Reproduction System but such filters suffer inherent problems and the course of best resort is always to identify, isolate and correct the problem at the source rather than try to conceal it utilizing additional electronics that are not necessary or preferred.
It is possible that those records which do not sound as dynamic are not as good as the recordings which do; it may not be your equipment.
@jimf42 I totally agree. The sensitivity of my setup is such that media production is crucial. As with any high end systems, poor recordings will be amplified.
Update:

Subsonic filter was removed! I didn't notice that it was selected. I also increased it to 60k, resulting in a much sensitive and wider stage. Amplification volume was much more sensitive, which was my end goal. Thanks to everyone's input in getting to the crux without spending a dime!