FR66s vs Ikeda IT-407 CR tonearms

Has anyone compared the FR66s to the newer Ikeda IT-407 CR1 tonearm? Any thoughts? In previous years, the Ikeda was available with either copper or silver internal wiring but the recent models don't mention anything about the tonearm wiring. Can anyone comment what type of wiring is used in the latest editions? It would seem intuitive that the later Ikeda IT407 should be a better performer than the FR66s having improved material and bearings over the FR66s but the proof is in the hearing.
ddriveman
Wow, this old thread that I started has come alive again after almost 4 years. Here's my update:
I now have 2 FR66s tonearms and they're still the best ones in my inventory. One thing I would like to pass on to others who may be interested is that Ikeda can service (clean and oil the bearings, replace broken connectors at the tonearm and base) and also rewire FR64 and FR66. I've had one FR66s serviced and rewired and I'm very happy with the results from Ikeda. Another point I want to share is that I had the chance to compare one FR66s with original silver wiring with another FR66s with rewiring done by Dertonarm on same turntable and same cartridge. The rewired FR66s was clearly better which lead me to rewire the original FR66s at Ikeda. FWIW.
@ddriveman nice, what is the price for Ikeda service and how did you contacted them, have you shipped to Japan?

BTW which cartridges do you have on those arms ? :)  

@ddriveman , I like you very much but don't like contradictory

statements. Your last two statements are such. If you preferred

Dertonarm's rewire how from this follow next rewire by Ikeda?

BTW I assume that posting the arm to Germany is more

convenient as well that Dertonarm's rewire is cheaper than

Ikeda's.

I own the FR-64S Silver and the Ikeda 407 (Newer Style).  I use the Micro Seiki AST-10 Weight on both.  I much prefer the 64S with a Koetsu Blue Lace.  Not even close.  I could go on but Ill echo Syntax's experiences.
If you compare a 64S with the FR VTA Lifter that is on with the 66S they sound pretty close.  Probably not worth the extra $4k that that 66S costs.  But in a hobby where many are willing to pay a lot of a little it isn't a surprise. 

The early version of the 407 arms did have the Stainless Arm tube making them closer to the FR-66S in terms of sound signature.
Nandric,

Woah! Not contradictory. You're taking comments made almost 4 years ago about how I like Dertonarm's rewire versus original FR silver wire and the latest comment about Ikeda's rewire. 
Let me clarify. I like Dertonarm's rewire over original FR silver wire based on a comparison side by side on same TT and same cart because I have 2 FR66s. I then decided to get the Ikeda rewire done on the second FR66s and now both the rewired FR66s are very close. Can't really tell them apart.
One thing to note, when Dertonarm rewired my FR66s, he used Cardas male din connector at the base and reused the original FR66s connecyor at haedshell end because he couldn't find a replacement for those spring loaded pins.
Ikeda informs me that they replace the connectors at both ends with rhodium plated connectors. I can't hear any difference so maybe a moot point. 
I live in US and had to sent the arm to Germany and to Japan respectively, so no difference to me.
As for price, you'll have to ask them yourself. I'm not suggesting that either Dertonarm or Ikeda is better. I recommend both of them highly.