Interconnects and non-believers

For anyone who denies there are differences in cables, I have news for you.
There are vast differences.  I just switched interconnects between my CD transport (Cyrus) and DAC (Schiit Gumby), and the result was transformational.  Every possible parameter was improved: better definition, better soundstaging,  better bass, better depth etc.
I can’t understand how any audiophile with ears can deny the differences.  Is it delusion or dogma?
128x128rvpiano
The old AQ Truth are great cables, in truth. I wish they still made them. If I recall correctly even back then AQ controlled them for directionality. I had copper and silver versions of AQ Truth. Other than keeping connections nice and bright the AQ Truth should be good to go. Electrons don’t seem to get tired. There is no Geritol for electrons even if they did.
Wetfeet48.
I had a pair of AQ GR8 speaker cables for years. Only sold them when I moved up to some Nordost cables.
Very good cables from my memory.
Never seen or heard of them from anybody else until now...lol.
Back in the 80's I used some home made with OFC Mark Levinson wire ($2 a ft) and Radio Shack gold plated RCA. Used those for years. Then replaced the RCA with Vampire 'Tiffany' style RCA.   Had a few others like a Kimber PBJ, KImber Hero. Some used KCAG Kimber.   Finally I upgraded to Cardas Parsec and liked them except the 7 meter just did not work out. Went big a few yeas ago to Kimber KS1116 for that 7 meter run, Then Kimber KS1016 all around. Much better. I still use the Parsec here and there, it is nice wire too.   
My take on wire is you have to have a level of quality of equipment to be able to hear the better wire. Only when I went from average $1000 a pop to $5000 a pop equipment then I could really hear the cables more. Before than there was a little I could hear, but hard to hear differences.

Seems like this discussion has taken better turn (from 'cable wars').  Did I do that?  If so, I'm proud.

PROF, GEOFF & ELIZABETH, thank you for your good posts.

PROF - I was kidding.  I know you're not angry.  In fact, you seem quite sensible... even though we disagree on some things.  And btw, I think Elizabeth was referring to others, not you or Geoff.  For example, TEO made a good point, but in a rather insulting manner.  But you know who then real trolls (Clearthink?) and snark-monsters (unreceivedogma?) are.

I agree that skepticism is healthy... IF it is healthy skepticism, and not just ignorant nay-saying.  As J. Gordon Holt said, "If you haven't heard it, you have no opinion."  I also believe that you should always trust your ears, but never expect anyone else to trust YOUR ears.  Each to their own! 

PROF - On speaker break-in... It's difficult to hear in 'real life', as your new spkrs. are going to break in gradually, over a long period of time.  Like the frog in hot water, you may not notice the gradual improvement.

Most people notice it when they replay something they had listened to early after the spkrs. have had a month or two of use.

If you can audition duplicate spkrs. - broken in vs. brand-new - it's much easier to discern.

RE pricey cables... I didn't say they weren't too expensive.  While some cables are much more expensive to produce than some people here understand, the mark-ups are also quite high.  The question is not how the price relates to the costs, so much as how it relates to the resulting improvement in sonics.

In my case, I've found that cabling can make huge differences in sound - at least, they're huge to me because they get me closer to reality. In fact, I think of interconnects & A/C cords more as 'components' than 'accessories' due to their impact on sonics.

As always, not asking you to take my word for it, so much as honestly sharing what I've heard.  I did not believe cables could make such profound differences until I'd heard it myself... repeatedly.

Example:  My Sunfire amp has a dedicated A/C cord, because 20 yrs. ago Bob Carver did not believe it could make a difference.  His new tubed amps have removable A/C cords, because since then he's HEARD that he was wrong.

I don't intend to change anyone's mind, but if I can OPEN one or two, they might change themselves...