ARC Ref 6 plexiglass cover

My brand new ARC Ref 6 black was delivered yesterday 6-15-18 from ARC and to my big surprise was the twice as thick plexiglass cover that came with it. I had bought a used Ref 6 silver,natural finish that i had problems with it from the shipment (came damaged ) any way the year that the used one was built was 2016 and had the twice as thin plexiglass cover which seemed to melt on top of the power supply tube. It looks like ARC corrected this problem and now uses the twice as thick plexiglass cover , i can not see this cover melting and causing it to bubble on top of the power supply tube. Nice improvement ARC !!!  And i will tell you that right out of the box it sounds AMAZING..
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman

The proper fix would have been a hole above the 6550 to act as a chimney and vent the heat.  The extra thick cover may solve a symptom but not the problem. The cover is still too close to the 6550 and trapping too much heat. Excessive heat is bad for electronics. For this reason I run my Ref 5se without a top.

You could go to home depot and get some 1/4 inch nylon spacers to put in between the top and the chassis. You may have to get some longer screws. This would stop most dust from getting in and still let out the heat.
@lostbears ...The proper fix would have been a hole above the 6550 to act as a chimney and vent the hold.                                                                        Yes but at least with the thicker plexiglass for those that want to keep the cover on at least it wonlt melt. And i just got dont listening to it for about 2 hrs just now and the top was hot above the 6550 but not where it would feel like it was getting soft for the heat from the thinner original cover. This cover is so much thicker than the original cover that they even beveled the front and 2 sides of it.. Looks very nice too.. I would highly recommend it over the original thinner cover. Also the feel of it is like a piece of thick piece of glass compared to the chintzy thin one.