Using Maple Butcher Block Under a Turntable

When using a maple butcher block under a turntable, what is below the butcher block?  Cone?  Soborthane pucks?  Does it just lay on the shelf?  What are people using and how of they mounting the block?  How are they mounting the table on the butcher block?
bpoletti
bpoletti,

Thanks for that inspiring explanation. You do have a talent. I am heading to Iowa to check out what is happening at the source.
I have a friend who has built a stainless steel bath of glycol which floats a 5 inch wrapped foam block on which his table sits. Any floor movement is self corrected by the glycol which seems to control vibration as well. I think it is a an oil. Had a problem with displacement on his proto type but seems to work remarkably well now. 
@ glupson - Be very careful! Mine implosions are dangerous. The results just suck. And beware! Most of the visitors to Iowa go missing. They just wander out into the fields and are never seen again. Rumor is they die of boredom, but nobody has gone on a rescue mission. They just aren't awake.
What to put under the butcher block? Springs. Duh!

pop Quiz - What is the reason why the butcher block should be thicker rather than thinner?