price of Oppo players threw the roof

Was over at Amazon the 203 was priced around $1100. Pure greed.
harley52
Never understood people with no concept of free market economy.  There is no moral obligation on the part of a seller to be a nice guy and sell for less than the going price for any item - his goal is to get as much as the market will bear, end of story.

For example, if you are the owner of a wine shop with a stock of a wine that was worth $50 the day before the Wine Spectator or Parker gives it a 100 point score, are you morally bankrupt when the price shoots to $300 a bottle if you also price your stock at that level?  No, but you'd be an idiot if you sold it for the old price.
Some of us bought the 203 for $850 delivered. I'd imagine some even paid less for their's. Can't blame Oppo for giving early adopters an incentive. It's my first Oppo product, and I'm only using it for movies. I'm a vinyl guy through and through.
It’s simple; if you’re on the purchase side one feels ripped off. And on the sellers side, it’s a great time to take advantage of having a 203/205 to sell. It’s all relative, there will always be those who feel ripped off and those able to exploit a position.