Legacy Focus HDs

Lust received and hooked up my Focus HDs. Upgraded from the 2020s. Wow! I was worried because I loved the 2020s but yes these sound better. Any harshness in the highs are gone. The mid drivers are excellent and brought the mids to more accurate. The bottom end is still there but more accurate and well defined. No more bass issues. Very pleasing to listen to. If anyone has been scared to make the move to the HDs-Dont be. If you like the 2020s you will love the new HDs. Email any questions and I will be glad to try to answer them. Oh-The fit and finish is also better and the hardware such as binding post are a big upgrade as well. Good job Lagacy.
hifiman9
You'll be very happy with what happens with this speaker at the 100, 200, 250+ burn-in marks. What speakers did you have before? I had the Focus 20/20's and was extremely happy with them overall; the HDs are a world apart (better) in terms of every aspect of their performance. I still have them and will not be selling or replacing them!
I agree that the 20/20's weren't harsh, but neutral and leaned slightly warm if anything. Hifiman should look at "other things".

ET
I had the original Focus speakers which I purchased in 1998. This was before they changed them to the Focus 20/20. Legacy Audio took mine in trade for the HD's.
Another 6 months and 6 pair of other speakers in my home, still nothing better!

I heard the HD's, Im not sure they are better then the 20/20's, but there also not any worse as well. Both are great speakers with there own sound. Listen to both, grab a pair. You wont be sorry. At 3k used price, you cant beat them. You cant even come close, thats how good they are.
Well I have about 300 hours on the Focus HD's and they've really come into their own. They really sound great once you burn them in!

Steve