My 6922 Tubes Are Too Bright!

I recently bought a Canary CD-100 CD player.  I swapped out the ElectroHarmonix 6922 tubes for Amperex NOS made in Holland since I had read a review stating that the tubes it came with were too bright.  Unfortunately, it's still too bright for my tastes.  Does anyone have a 6922 they would recommend that's a bit warmer?
Thanks!
wbaggesen
When I retuned my VT100 MKII, Audio Research gave me the option of using JAN Phillips 6922 tubes (actually, 6DJ8 tubes) and they provided much more extended bass and smoother highs.  That said, I do not know that they would be an improvement on the Amperex tubes as regards the highs.
I also recommend Kevin Deal of Upscale Audio. I bought 2 NOS Telefunken E88CC/6922's.

Here is my excerpt from: The ups and downs of tube vs. SS...

'Also while researching phono preamplifiers I found out about 'tube rolling'. However I thought that tube rolling is a expensive proposition even though the tubes you roll maybe not that expensive, after rolling 5 to 6 or 7 pairs of tubes, the money spent would add up pretty quickly.

So I decide to go for the gusto and buy up. I bought a pair of NOS 6DJ8/ECC88 Telefunken West Germany with diamond mark matched pair for $195 plus Tektronix 576 curve tracer matching for $20, shipping $10 and $4 for insurance for a total of $229 from Brent Jessee Recording and Supply, Inc. Keep in mind it is very important that you buy vacuum tubes from reputable dealers. That being said Brent Jessee Recording and Supply, Inc. has a 30 day return policy with a 20% restocking fee. After less than 30 days I decide to return them.

After seeing Kevin Deal's of Upscale Audio NOS Telefunken E88CC/6922 youtube video I bought a Platinum Grade, Cryoed, matched pair of NOS Telefunken E88CC/6922's for $454. For a total of $853 I bought a Parks Audio Budgie Tube Phono preamplifier and pair of NOS Telefunken E88CC/6922's vacuum tubes with the transparency, depth, wide soundstage, and dynamic range as described above with an added 3 Dimensional sound quality I had never heard before. '

Those Telefunkens from Upscale are special. I had a Audio Note Kits DAC 2.1 built for me, and it came with Electro Harmonix tubes I believe. I was looking for really good NOS 6922, and the search led me to Upscale. The matched pair was pricey, but the difference was remarkable, and well worth the cost. 
They get the newer made Goden  lion tubes  they sound pretty respectable and decent priced or just buy vintage 
Brent Jesse recordings ,can get you whatever balance  you are looking for, but any good matched vintage pairs will cost 
$150-500 a pair depending on. Rarest.  Mallards the Real one 
Are usually the warmest . Phillips owned them s well as pampered
And the very good Phillips miniwatt tubes  D getters are the oldest version usually and on average best sounding.  The Mazda silver foil about $375 a pair will last for years and give you great warm 
Detailed performance.  This tube is a Major step up and Brent 
Stands by his recommendations ,every system is a bit different 
He will exchange to get the balance you are looking for.
Your interconnects ,and speaker cable quality can also have a huge effect in performance . If running a separate  Dac, that too can 
Make a sonic impact .you made a blank statement ?amp,? Preamp
If power  to med priced all too often crappy stock stolen  coupling caps. I have been into every face of audio for over 40 years  and 
The weakest link are the ones that show their ugly head first 
Your tubes most like are cheap stock tubes ,I not changed yet.