CDs Vs LPs

Just wondering how many prefer CDs over LPs  or LPs over CDs for the best sound quality. Assuming that both turntable and CDP are same high end quality. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
I love both formats, also streaming, cassette and reel to reel.  But I do have a slight preference for vinyl, particularly for drums. They sound more natural to me on vinyl, and I played bass in several bands years ago so I know what live, unamplified drums sound like.
What advantage CDs used to have in dynamic range which really was their BIG SELLING POINT has been squandered by overly eager compression lo these past twenty years. And while CDs generally don’t exhibit the tape hiss as much as LPs one has to wonder if some of the music has disappeared along with the tape hiss. For those who think DDD CDs sound musical good luck with that. But even I have to admit some CDs sound really good. If a CDs gets the dynamic range and polarity right I’m down.
 phomchick makes what seems to me a good point. I was happy when CD players hit the market in 1982. I was tired of records developing ticks and pops. I have not bought a record in over 35 years. But that raises a question that I would like to ask all my colleagues here who do spin vinyl...has the noisy record problem of ticks and pops gotten better through the years? What do you think of today's modern turntables, cartridges, and record cleaning devices? 
I own CDs and LPs. I play mainly CDs due to 'ease of use'. Stick a bunch in a changer and press play. Where LPs I have to want to play one. My CD and LP playback are pretty equal in sound quality. They just sound different. I could live with either one.