CDs Vs LPs

Just wondering how many prefer CDs over LPs  or LPs over CDs for the best sound quality. Assuming that both turntable and CDP are same high end quality. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
 phomchick makes what seems to me a good point. I was happy when CD players hit the market in 1982. I was tired of records developing ticks and pops. I have not bought a record in over 35 years. But that raises a question that I would like to ask all my colleagues here who do spin vinyl...has the noisy record problem of ticks and pops gotten better through the years? What do you think of today's modern turntables, cartridges, and record cleaning devices? 
I own CDs and LPs. I play mainly CDs due to 'ease of use'. Stick a bunch in a changer and press play. Where LPs I have to want to play one. My CD and LP playback are pretty equal in sound quality. They just sound different. I could live with either one.
Sold my TT and vinyl record collection 34 years ago and went full into CDs. Very happy at the time, then in 2017 I decided it was time to get back into vinyl (Michell GyroDec, SME IV, Clearaudio Maestro Ebony V2, McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC275 mk VI and Gale GS401A speakers), see my previous post on this system (https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/second-system-that-sounds-and-looks-spectacular-i-am-there ). To cut a long story short, I am absolutely thrilled to be back into vinyl and having fun with HiFi all over again, as if I was back in my teens and starting the HiFi journey afresh (I am now fast approaching 64). Which format sounds better? They can both sound wonderful/spectacular; just different. Analog definitely does not sound like digital and vice versa; I personally love both formats. However, must admit the process of taking an LP out of the sleeve, placing it on the TT and queuing up the arm is definitely enticing to me. Whereas placing a CD in the player is pretty boring.

As a side issue, the best audio system I have ever heard was a Magico Q7 and Solution electronics system playing regular Red Book CDs at Chatttelin Audio in The Hague ( https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/2c-hifi-epiphany-worlds-best-system ). Never have I heard a system remotely as good as this, and demonstrated using regular CDs!
While I have vinyl, cd and a digital music server, I prefer digital simply because I am too lazy to play many records.