CDs Vs LPs

Just wondering how many prefer CDs over LPs  or LPs over CDs for the best sound quality. Assuming that both turntable and CDP are same high end quality. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
You just cannot even begin to compare the two and tbh I do not even try.

I love and enjoy both mediums( and more!) But accept each has their own flavour and signature if you will.

Just enjoy the music....
LP's by preference. I could not abide digital until I finished my new preamp, and now digital comes through an RC low-pass filter (Vishay resistors and styrene caps). Now CD's are listenable, even pleasurable, especially for the new performances unobtainable on vinyl.

Scorpio, the answer is a resounding, "Yes, it's better." Better source (air bearings) better phono (Atmasphere pointed out that only a highly stable circuit works well for vinyl), ultrasonic cleaning, and a far better understanding of set-up. It's not your college system, that's for sure. 

geofkait, Back in the day when cd's were being touted as the best thing ever (late 80's), I bought a player & some cd's. I wasn't seeing what the rest of the population was in this format then read somewhere that DDD was where it was at in regard to sound quality. Bought a couple & was even less interested in the format. A few years ago I started getting interested in them again & they are MUCH better now with the newer DAC's & such. The DDD's still suck though. In regard to which format I like better... It depends on the recording. Vinyl has consistently sounded good in my rig. Digital just recently. 
We all have examples of each media that are mind blowing and also ones that truly suck.

And just sometimes its all down to my mood. A CD can give me an hour or so before I have to move my backside, streaming well I can just loaf in my sofa all night, so.....

But like tonight, I am flipping vinyl right now and loving it, playing some rare birds that just sound glorious but they are from an earlier age than CD or streaming. 
Post removed