PS Audio uber dac

While browsing the PS Audio forums.. talk is.. PS A will be coming out with a $20,000.00 dac in the near future. I think Ted Smith is the design guru. Seems like a lot of scratch for a product from a known ’value for money’ oriented company. Wish them luck...lots of stiff competition in that price range.
aolmrd1241
From the PS Audio DAC forum, it DOES sound like Ted Smith is working on a two box unit, one with the digital stuff in it, the other the analog.  So, this rumor might actually be true!
Post removed 
So it looks like this new DAC is in the early stages of development. However, it’s not a DAC meant to outright replace the original Directstream. So it’s not a "MKII", rather a much higher tiered product they plan to sell alongside the original Directstream. Further software development will continue to happen on the currently selling Directstream. This new DAC is well beyond my budget anyways haha.
Ted Smith’s new Signature DAC will be called the TSS. Not just a rumor anymore.

From Paul McGowan...

"Does anyone seriously doubt Ted’s ability to beat the MSB regardless of price? I don’t like to be “that guy” that calls out other products directly but I couldn’t resist. DirectStream is Ted’s best work within a budget. Just wait until you see/hear what he can manage when the financial shackles are removed and he gets to strut his stuff.

We’re designing a new chassis and look for the Ted Smith Signature DAC, TSS (for short), because it deserves it. I am in love with this new look - though it’ll immediately be obvious to you it’s part of the PS family. It’s going to be taller too. 5” height is needed to keep his boards centered and away from anything resembling noise and interference from the outside and to accommodate the bigger power transformers. And there will be two of these beautiful chassis: one dedicated for digital, the other only for analog. They are tied together with a wicked cool fiber optic cable allowing you to place the units wherever you wish. This will certainly be a stunning achievement, the likes of which the world of high end audio has never seen.

Ted’s the last man on the planet I’d bet against."

PS Audio will have stiff competition in this price category and I wish them success.
However having recently sold a Direct Stream player & dac senior just months new replaced by better performing dac a couple grand less then the dac senior and a more reliable transport that’s equal in performance minus the occasional screen freeze ups and other frustrating glitches I experienced .
Also not to mention re-sale value they are definitely not “value for your money” components , not even close so I agree with you  Aolmrd1241