Interesting video with Richard Vandersteen talking about his subs

Warning, I own and love Vandersteen Quatro's.  I did find this video highly informative.  He discusses subs in general and how HE decides to implement them wiht not just his speakers, but any.  He talks about freeing the main amp from 100hz down to allow your amp to sound better.  It also takes on the signature of your amp, which I first hand have heard many times.  Hope you enjoy as much as I did.  

https://www.facebook.com/VandersteenAudio/videos/vb.381738891972123/1447831528696182/?type=2&the...
ctsooner
Jim, I lost your contact info.  Please resend. Thanks.  Yes, I'm a fan boy, but I also love other products as we all do. 

I just think he's nailed in IRT his overall approach.  He knows where the compromises probably sound best for the majority of listeners.  I know that so many very famous musicians, reviewers and producers have his speakers in their personal home systems and that really says a lot.  I never would buy because of that, but I'd surely audition because of it.  I went into a store af ew years back to purchase a new set of Proac's and wound up with Vandersteen's instead.  Thats' the POLAR opposite of when I went into a store in RI in teh 90's to get the 3's and walked out with Proac towers that I regretted from day one.  Kept them for a LONG time though. lol.
Ct. Was that the Proac Supertower? The one with two 7" woofers flanking a MB titanium dome tweeter? If so, I auditioned that one in my home a long time ago. Very hard loudspeaker to find love for. IMO
Best,
Tim
Tim, you nailed it.  It did a few things great. I HAD to use tubes that sounded like tubes, lmao.  I became good friends with the owner.  Irony is that he sold Vandy's, but didn't love them.  I wish I had been more up to date at that point, but I wasn't.  I almost wish I had gotten the later Spendors as they were very musical.  He also had the Apogee's.