CDs Vs LPs

Just wondering how many prefer CDs over LPs  or LPs over CDs for the best sound quality. Assuming that both turntable and CDP are same high end quality. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman

The “vinyl revival” is a cult-inspired (and dealer-propelled) specious fad. It’s best ignored unless (a) you already own lots (and lots!) of LP records, or (b) you’re socially coerced to support the groupthink (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupthink) pretension of peers at the local hi-end audio club. Alternative (digital) media makes it easy to hear great sound without the brief play time, compressed dynamics, high distortion, low signal-to-noise ratio, endless groove wear, and dedicated equipment expense that’s innate with vinyl.

Post removed 
From the detailed technical information I've read, the SQ capability of CD wins hands down. I ditched LPs as soon as CDs came out. Mainly because of tics, pops and hiss. And I ditched CDs as soon as 320kbps downloads came out. Reloaded with FLAC. Not because I could hear the difference, but just so I'd never convince myself I could.
@Elizabeth: We both dropped off the face of the earth a while, but I remember talking to you several years ago and you told me all about your LP collection, your VTL amps etc.  You were very helpful with info, concerning re-setting up my vinyl rig.  It’s very surprising to see you’ve switched to CD’s, as your main source. I listen to both, as many have said they do.  Depends on my mood, how lazy I am feeling and what titles I want to listen to.  I love the sound of vinyl when it’s first starting and actually being totally enveloped by the sound, as the the stylus advances to the song and throughout the song. So many LP’s as well as CD’s are hastily made, just to get the product out to bring in that $$, therefore ending up with a recording lacking in quality.  Many of you, are much more versed on the quality pressings than I. As far as pops etc, most of this is easily remedied.  Back around ‘87, when I first began my CD listening, I was very enthused about the sound and ease of playing a CD. It does require a larger investment for LP’s, but the payoff is worth it. If I had my rathers, I wish “they” would start producing reel to reel prerecorded tapes again.  For me, there’s no better sound, but it’s not convenient at all. There’s a lot to be said for the convenience of a CD and being able to “jump” around from one song to another.  I do believe this is one of the first civil conversations, on this topic. So many of the topics take on a tone of aggressiveness. 
I love vinyl, and have thousands of records. I think I prefer records, partly because some of them sound so amazing (the mofi 45rpm series and the Music Matters blue note 45rpms are incredible)

That said, in the past few years i’ve really fallen for SACDs on my system, particularily the Analogue Productions Blue Note and Prestige reissues. Perhaps it’s the combination of them through my tube system (McIntosh MC275, C2200 and Harbeth speakers), but it really sounds amazing - in that way that makes you shake your head and smile.

One last note: I ended up buying a Sweet Vinyl Sugar Cube unit. Remarkably good at cleaning up noise vinyl. Been really enjoying that.