My 6922 Tubes Are Too Bright!

I recently bought a Canary CD-100 CD player.  I swapped out the ElectroHarmonix 6922 tubes for Amperex NOS made in Holland since I had read a review stating that the tubes it came with were too bright.  Unfortunately, it's still too bright for my tastes.  Does anyone have a 6922 they would recommend that's a bit warmer?
Thanks!
wbaggesen
I agree with whart. Try the new production Mullards. they are warmer sounding and not expensive. 
I was not aware that Mullard made a new production 6922/6dj8. Where were these found?
@buellrider97 excellent post thank you. My preamp uses six  6DJ8 tubes so cost is always a factor for me. Currently using the 7DJ8 Masuhitsa/National Union tubes from Upscale, I would not call them warm to me they are very neutral extended at both frequency extremes and quite well balance. Also excellent for the money. My preamp is not bright at all BTW as always it's not just the tube also the implementation!
Mullard does not make tubes anymore.  Electro Harmonix (EH) owned by an American makes EH, Mullard, Genelex and Tung Sol tubes in a factory in Saratov Russia.  The Mullard, Genelex and Tung Sol tubes have nothing to do with the original brands other than using their names.  New production tubes also come from China.

That's not to say that the EH Mullards are bad tubes, many people like them and they are much cheaper than NOS tubes.  Also, all the old stock tubes would have been used up by now if there wasn't current production tubes.  So give them a try, if you want, you won't be out a lot of money if you don't like them.
I had a similar experience searching for the tubes that I thought were best when I bought an Oppo that had been modded by Modwright - it's called "tube rolling" and it can be expensive. I finally found a dealer that was most helpful and you might give him a try- for advice if nothing else. His contact info. is as follows: Andy Bowman at Vintage Tube Service as an expert in audio tubes- 1-616-454-3467