Do Bigger Speakers Mean a Bigger Window?

I enjoy listening to small loudspeakers, in fact a lot of my listening is done via my Logitech desktop computer speakers (2 SATs + 1 small sub) or those in the car.

However ultimately there's nothing like the sense of ease of listening via a big pair of speakers such as big Harbeths, vintage JBLs or Tannoys etc.

I wouldn't say that the bigger speakers (8 inch+ cone) are more accurate, in fact the Logitech's have an uncanny way of getting voices stunningly right as  
watching home movies on the PC demonstrates. It's just that the larger loudspeakers seem to reveal more of the recording quality and bandwidth. So much so that sometimes you can easily hear the limitations of the original tapes sometimes.

So, if you are after high fidelity sound, why would you buy small speakers? 

cd318
By bigger window,  I assume that you mean soundstage?  If that is the case, no,  bigger speakers can do a lot, but typically the soundstage is a function of how the speakers are set in the room. Spacing apart, distance from ear etc.  If a smaller speaker and a larger speaker both have similar time alignment and phasing in the speakers array, then both will produce a similar soundstage.  How well they can do many other things is a different story, but for merely soundstage, that comes from proper placement. 
@timlub  Yes soundstage, but also a better view into the recording - bandwidth wise. Once you can hear the highest and lowest sounds off a recording you have effectively top and tailed it. Until then something important may well be missing.

Very few speakers have much meaningful output below 35Hz and this can hurt both Classical and Jazz. Classic 60s Pop on the other doesn't seem to need much below 60Hz.
@cd318 
The bandwidth attribute that you are describing now comes from low frequency extension, other than that, a smaller speaker should be able to reproduce a frequency curve as well as a large speaker.  There is something to be said for larger drivers. They flat out move more air and that can affect the overall illusion with more authority than smaller drivers   . The rest of what you are eluding to is more a result of Drivers used, design of crossover and quality of parts etc. or even a single source driver, they often see into a recording quite well.  The speakers that I have in my system this minute are on a stand and are 3db down at 28hz, just not sure what you trying to get to or if I have even touched on it, but I hope this helps,  Tim 

So, if you are after high fidelity sound, why would you buy small speakers?

I never would, never again. Moreover, the "small(er) listening room small(er) speakers" mantra has no real bearing or justification - to me, at least. Smaller rooms mayn't need speakers as large, but there are benefits to be had not converging to this tendency, that I'll get back to. Some larger speakers, certainly horn variants, need space, not least listening distance, and so naturally requires a larger listening environment, but otherwise I wouldn't shy from implementing speakers with an imposing physical stature w/large drive units/horns into more moderately sized rooms. 

It's not only about big speakers/air displacement area, but about (high) sensitivity/efficiency as well - all to add up for one important feature: headroom. Some may find it ludicrous to ask for 20dB's or even more headroom on top of the loudest SPL you'd normally be able to muster with your playback system, but to others it's the ingredient that makes it all come together; when a stereo setup with large, very efficient speakers that operates within the confines of +20dB's to spare at the highest output levels you would typically require, there's an ease, sense of scale and capacity to handle complex musical material that's very beguiling and animating for one's listening pleasure. Music simply happens differently and more convincingly, unrestrained, and it's a vital element in letting go of music as something that is re-produced. Larger speakers of that kind, all things being equal, also tend to more readily succeed in eliciting an emotional response through sheer girth and force, often understated, that has smaller and less efficient speakers sounding malnourished and strained by comparison.

Also important here is bandwidth, preferably to 20Hz with full output, but that's an aspect too late at this local hour to begin unwinding. 

All this being said: small speakers may have qualities to be floored by in some areas, but on the whole and to my needs simply don't cut it.  

Just my $0.02. 
Do Bigger Speakers Mean a Bigger Window?
Short answer is NO!

Try to have a listen to a pair of early thumbnail size minuscule 198*? Proac Tablets with decent amplification, you will shake your head in disbelief and start looking around the room for the "real" speakers.
http://www.vintageaudioworld.com/wp-content/uploads/Proac-Super-Tablettes.jpg

Also another stand mount, bigger and very expensive if you can find a used pair, is the Sonus Faber Extrema these are an end game speaker, even in the bass. 
http://shop.textalk.se/shop/1785/art85/h6759/4146759-origpic-4ffba5.jpg

Cheers George