Have a OCM 200 power amp

Ocm 200 has a single XLR jack in the rear of this unit. Want to know what it could be use for. XLR on one end and two Rca jacks to my preamp..??? Or will this make my amp mono block?

Thanks Wayne 
wayne3720
So I can use a Y cable with a XLR on one end and two RCA on the other into the preamp.....????

Wayne
So I can use a Y cable with a XLR on one end and two RCA on the other into the preamp.....????
No.

While I’m not familiar with the OCM 200, after looking at a rear panel photo on the web, and given the info provided by Jperry, it appears that what Oddiofyl said is correct. And therefore the XLR input is only for use when operating the amp in bridged mono mode, in which it would only process a single channel.

In that mode the XLR connector would be connected to an XLR output of a preamp, that would provide the amp with a balanced pair of signals for a single channel. And in that mode a single speaker would presumably be connected to the two + (red) output terminals of the amp, with the - (white or black) output terminals left unconnected.

Regards,
-- Al

Ok thanks I was thinking it would be a single mono signal output and I would need another Ocm amp for the channel . 

Thanks agin!! Wayne 
@Wayne3720

After thinking about it a little further, and if I’m envisioning the design correctly, I believe the amp actually would work ok (in normal stereo mode) if you were to use a y-cable with an XLR connector on one end and two RCAs on the other end.

But every rear panel photo I’ve been able to find via Google Images shows the amp as having left and right channel RCA input connectors in addition to the single XLR connector. So assuming your amp is similar in that respect there would seem to be no point in using a y-cable.

Regards,
-- Al
XLR is for mono. You would need a second amp. I guess you could split it with a Y cable,but,wouldn't you only be getting duplicate mono channels?