Have a OCM 200 power amp

Ocm 200 has a single XLR jack in the rear of this unit. Want to know what it could be use for. XLR on one end and two Rca jacks to my preamp..??? Or will this make my amp mono block?

Thanks Wayne 
wayne3720
P.S. to my previous post: In the paragraph beginning with "However if a y-adapter were used ..." to be sure it’s clear I meant an XLR to two-RCA y-adapter cable designed in the manner I described in the rest of that paragraph. A y-adapter cable that shorted the left and right signals from the preamp together while routing them to the XLR connector (or for that matter a two RCA-to-one RCA y-adapter followed by an RCA to XLR adapter), would of course not work properly, as Rocray indicated.

Regards,
-- Al
Wow guys that is a lot of info considering I can't put my hands on a owner 's manuals!!! Brought this amp used back in 95 and never try to use the XLR jack!!?? 

Will jump the deep in when I get new cables!!!

Great info from all of you!!!! Thanks 

Wayne

Wayne
 FYI you can only run it XLR if you have 2 of these same amps
 one for left
 one for the right.
 In case you missed it that equals stereo with the advantage of separate mono power supplies for each channel.

When running 2 you also need a preamp with Balanced XLR outputs
 If an XLR pre is not obtainable and cant source another identical 200
 Just run it normally as a conventional stereo AMP in RCA with a normal Preamp.

Belles makes an Aria preamp with Remote control and Phono for 1200 bucks that play great music and together would be a great companion.
 Best,
 JohnnyR
A further indication that what I said in my last three posts is correct, that using the amp’s XLR connector with a suitably designed XLR-to-two RCA adapter cable would allow the amp to operate in stereo mode:

The OCM 500 has the same input connector configuration as the OCM 200, and like the OCM 200 it can be operated in mono mode via the XLR connector. And like the OCM 200 it has a rated power capability that is four times as high in mono mode as in stereo mode, for an 8 ohm load.

I found this photo of the interior of the OCM 500. If you look carefully you can see that there is a purple wire coming from one of the RCA connectors and a purple wire coming from the XLR connector, both of which are connected to the same pin on an internal plug. And likewise for a red wire coming from the other RCA connector and a red wire coming from the XLR connector.

In other words pin 2 of the XLR connector is undoubtedly connected to the center pin of one of the RCA connectors, and pin 3 of the XLR connector is undoubtedly connected to the center pin of the other RCA connector. And the ground pin (pin 1) of the XLR connector as well as the ground shells of the RCA connectors are undoubtedly connected to the amp’s circuit ground, via the black wires that are visible.

So while the XLR connector is intended to be utilized in mono mode, it seems pretty certain that it could also be used in conjunction with a suitable adapter cable for stereo mode.

Also, the fact that there apparently is no stereo/mono switch on the amp further reinforces that conclusion.

Once again, though, since the amp provides RCA input connectors for two channels there would seem to be no point in utilizing the XLR connector in that manner.

Regards,
-- Al